Phil's POV

I woke up but decided against fighting again. I watched tv and flipped through the magazines in my room until a nurse told me I could see him. I watched tons of Friends reruns. I never thought I'd tire of him but it became annoying quickly.
    I turned off the tv and laid back, trying to sleep off the pit in my stomach. My legs felt all jittery. They told me he pulled through and was stitched up. Why couldn't I see him? Did they not understand what happened?
    I turned on the tv again. It didn't help much. Only a little. I missed him. I could've lost him forever. I kind of wanted them to give me another sedative.  I was shaking all over. I couldn't fight it anymore. I just let the sound of distant comedic laughter from the tv lull me back to my anxiety ridden sleep.

    When I woke up there was a nurse sitting and waiting for me in my room. "Dan is ready for you."
    I practically teleported over to her. Her eyes were bright blue and icy. She didn't seem like a very kind nurse. She lead me to his room and stood in front of the door. "I need you to understand that he is fragile. He will break again at the slightest of things. Be careful with him, don't make me intervene."
    I nodded. "Of course, I want what is best for my boyfriend."
    She nodded and opened the door. We locked eyes and ran to him, enveloping him into my arms. We began to cry on each other. "Dan I love you! I won't let you go. Not now not ever. I was so selfish I just wanted the best for you and I didn't think it was me."
    "I love you too Phil."
    I wanted him. I wanted us. Just us forever and ever. "I won't let you go again. You'll get better and I'll live with you and nurse you back to health like you did with me. We'll become a family and your mom will love us together like she always has. Things will get better, hold on for me. Hold on for us."
    "I will always hold on for you Philip Michael Lester."
    I sealed our deal with a kiss. Our lifelong deal. Our tongues tangled and I realized that he was all I wanted. We were for each other. True love is not a curse I should've tried to break. I did though and I have to fix what I did wrong. I'm just glad I have my second chance. I feel like the luckiest man alive.

Author's Note: I realize that I basically uploaded the ending all at once but aye that's alright! this was honestly so good for me to write about. I have felt like I had a form of synesthesia for a while and I was relieved to share! Also sorry, this is my first fanfic I've actually completed and my first fanfic in general. i hope you all liked it! it was fun to write xoxo