. :THREATENED: .

~threatened~

I had no idea what the lay of the land was. The only thing I could do was wander and find an invisible spot. And that's how I ended up where I am right now. Hiding in a broom closet inside a crate. The only sounds I hear are the beating of my heart, loud pounding footsteps coming from above and growling. Every moment that passes, my heart beats faster. And faster. And faster. After what seems like two hours, I feel like my heart was going to break free of my ribs. I had no sense of time. No sense of anything, except being trapped in a crate that felt like it was getting smaller.

The growling have turned into crying, the footsteps have turned into booming pounds. With each boom, the ground and, I will assume, the walls shake. They shake to the point that I think the building will start to crumble. It seems that others believe this as well. The crying seems to get more intense with every boom. I can practically hear everybody's loud heart beats. I can feel them jump at the slightest sounds. The inhale of breath, the creak of somebody adjusting their footing, whimpers. All these sounds, yet not one that sounds remotely like Landon. She has vanished. Or from what I can tell. And seeing that I am stuck inside a crate that is in a broom closet, I can't tell much.

It becomes hard for me to not shift. My knees, eventually, start to feel numb from pushing them against my chest. My shoulders are the pushing against the wood of the crate, my butt sore, my neck cramp from keeping it bent. If I could remember what it was like to be in utero, I can it was like this; cramped, dark, and stinky. I would try to adjust my position if I wasn't so sure that it would be a death wish. The box would most likely make noise if I moved and I don't doubt that Landon would easily find me with a minute and then I was a goner.

Just the thought of death in general is enough to make me want to hurl. I was too young to die. I'm only a sophomore in high school. I have yet to achieve my potential greatness; go to university, move to London, open my own bakery, find my love, have kids and die at 90. I want to make it to see my grandchildren, not to die in a mansion full of other teenagers and a mentally unstable teacher. I will not be able to say goodbye to my parents, or meet my brother's alleged fiance. These thoughts lead to my eyes starting to sting and then, the downpour begins.

As soon as my cheeks become waterfalls, I hear a new sound. Laughter. It took all my strength to stop sobbing. There were words shouted amidst the laughter𑁋 "Don't try to escape them. They are everywhere." It was her. She found her prey. I can move again without fear, that is if Landon keeps to her rules.

I heard a shriek and a light thud from above. No more sounds except cackling. It was over. But it wasn't. There were still 20 of us. And when I made it to the end𑁋if I make it to the end, I would've seen 19 dead bodies. Of people I know personally.

....You will feast your eyes on the dead. What happened to Ms. Landon that made her this insane. What teacher in their right mind would take their students into an abandoned mansion, kill them and them make them look at their slaughtered friends?

Right. Landon left her right mind at home.

How could this day get any worse?