Chapter 73

Tall skinny trees, usually brown, but under the night sky they only appear as black silhouettes. The sky above that broke through the thin tall trees was grey, almost black. The stars twinkling like a million little lights.

There's a story told to children about the stars in some packs. They say the eyes of the ancients watch down on their children, so even though they've been forgotten, they haven't forgotten us.

The cold wind lapped at my freezing flesh. My stomach rumbled with hunger.

The tears on my face had dried a long time ago. I knew that I had to go home, Angel will be worried sick. But the air of being alone gave me time to think, to finally be at peace with my mind. With this new technique I've figured out that I think a lot better when I'm in a peaceful environment.

I've figured out a way to take the king down. But I have to do it alone. Angel will never go for it, he'll instantly refuse. My brothers won't do It either. Which I don't mind because this is my fight. And I need to finish it, alone.

So ill keep it from them. I have to, it's the only way.

The crunching of leaves sounded to the left of me. I didn't move from my spot on the ground as I gaze up at the stars. I already know who it is by the sound, weight and speed of his feet smacking the ground.

After a few moments I felt a hot breath fan across my face. I don't bother looking behind me because I know that Angel's Lycan is there. He's a better tracker than Angel.

The furry beast moved behind me, I felt him sit on the floor copying me. A whimpering sound came from him, like a little puppy who's mother had just died.

I felt his furry clawed hands stroke my hair, like it was the precious thing in the world. He was careful not to cut me with razor sharp claws, taking extra care. Even though it wouldn't hurt if he did.

He whimpered again, this time louder and it lasted for a total of 11 seconds.

I look away from the clouds, and reach behind me, grabbing his discoloured, scarred hand. His claws hesitantly touching my skin. I don't get to see his Lycan very often. He keeps him hidden, because anyone who isn't me, dies.

It took his Lycan a long time to get used to me. So every moment I get to spend with him, I cherish. Because as much as it sounds strange, I love him. He's a part of Angel that nobody sees. He's a part of the man I love. And if I don't accept him fully, then how can I expect the same in return?

"It's alright" I told him softly. Letting out a quiet sigh. Many people say that Lycans are beasts, and that they slaughter their own packs for fun. It's true. But they have hearts, and once they trust a being, they'll do anything to protect them.

I felt his claw gently trail down from my eyes, tracing a dried tear. He whimpers again, shifting closer to me. I heard the cracking and reformation of bones, low growls sounding before silence.

A shadow looms over me, blocking out the starry sky. He looks down at me with extreme guilt, his eyes wandering across my face. His hands grab my face gently, he strokes his thumb along my skin. I look up into his icy blue eyes, knowing he can't see me but he knows.

I place my smaller hands over his warm rough ones, tingles spreading up my fingers tips. Our bond twists with guilt and pain, pleading with me to fix it.

"I'm sorry" he whispers softly, stroking my soft skin and soothing me.

Sitting up I turn around, crawling towards him. His eyes shift black sensing my movement. As I reach him I place my hands on his tense muscular shoulders, straddling his thighs. His hard muscled arms wrap around my body, pulling me flush against him.