Chapter 8~ Cassian

Jyn hasn't been at school all week. We have been constantly texting her. She responded once. She simply said she isn't feeling well and she doesn't know when she will come back to school.

"School isn't fun anymore. I miss Jyn!" Bodhi whined laying his head on the  cafeteria table.

"Believe me. We all do." Baze said patting his back.

"We should go over to her house! You know, to make sure she isn't dead or anything." Bodhi said.

"One problem. No one knows where she lives. The school website doesn't say it either. I've checked. Cassian made me." K2 said.

"Darth Vader will know." Churrit said.

"I'll ask and head over there. Do you guys want to come?" I asked standing up from the table.

"No, not really. Just you should go." K2 said winking at me. I rolled my eyes and headed to the principal's office. I got there and sat down in a chair. Mr. Skywalker came to get me. I sat in front of his desk.

"This is the first time I have seen you here Mr. Andor." He said a slight smile on his face.

"I'm here to ask a favor. If that is ok." I said looking at him. He was intimidating.

"What is it?" He asked leaning back in his chair.

"Well, I was wondering if you could give my Jyn Erso's address. She hasn't been here all week and we have been worried about her. I just want to make sure she is ok." I said.

"Alright. Here you go," he handed me a slip of paper, "don't skip school. Go after school please."

"I'll will. I'll go once classes are over." I stood up and left the room. The classes passed by slowly. Well, slower than usual. Once school was over I headed to Jyn's house. I pulled into the driveway. Her house was a mansion. I walked to the door and rang the doorbell. A few moments later a woman came to the door.

"Who de heck are you?" She asked.

"I'm Cassian Andor. I'm a friend of Jyn's. She lives here right?" I asked. She nodded.

"Why are you here?" She asked. Slowly starting to open the door.

"I'm here to give Jyn the work she has missed out on."

"Fine. I'll take you to her."

"Thank you so much."

"Follow me." She said. We headed to the basement. Which was bigger than my house. She lead me to an indoor soccer field. A gate was open and we walked through, "see the middle wall panel. It moves. She is back there. Good luck." She walked upstairs. I walked silently to the hidden door. I opened it. I hear a muffled voice.

"Go away Maggie." It was Jyn. I look up there are shelves and shelves of books. I walk farther back and see Jyn. Her hair is falling out of the bun she must of had it in. There is a stack of books next to her and she has multiple blankets over her shoulders.

"I'm not Maggie." I say as I walk a little closer to her.

"Then, go away Cassian. I don't want to talk to you!" She yells. I walk closer and sat down next to her. I go to touch her shoulder. She hit my hand and said, "I said I don't want to talk to you." She turned away.

"Jyn. Tell me what is wrong. We have been so worried. You have said so little to us." I said as I turned her around. Her eyes were red and puffy. There were tear streaks on her face. Her hair was messy and frizzy, "Oh, Jyn. What's wrong?"

"Absolutely nothing that concerns you" she yelled and stood up to leave.

"I just want to know. Seeing you like this just..."

"Just what Cassian? Why are you pestering me. I want to be left alone!" She yelled and ran out of the room. I ran after her. I followed her through the house. I lost her when we got to the loft.

"A bookcase moves you know. She'll be up there. She needs to talk to someone. Last time I tried she threw a book at me." Said the maid whom I believed to be Maggie.

"Really? She didn't throw one at me."

"She just needs someone she can trust. She can't trust anyone in this house. Plus she hasn't seen her father for a week. She really has no one left. Unless you are there for her. Take this key. It's the only way to get into her room." She handed me a key and walked away. I started checking the bookcases when she said, "Please bring back the Jyn I knew, the Jyn who is a sister to me. Please."

"I'll do my best." I said. She walked away and I found the moving bookshelf. There was a ladder. I climbed up and found a hallway and 2 doors. I walked to the first door. I opened it. Inside was a mini kitchen. I walked to the second door nob. It was locked. I took out the key and put in the hole. It popped open. There was no one inside. There was another door though. I walked over and looked inside. Jyn was sitting on a stool. Paint was everywhere, but the canvas. She looked at it. Her phone softly played Flares by the Script. A picture of her mom and her was on the desk a few feet away. Two letters were folded by it. I stepped in. All over the walls were paintings and drawings.

"Is there someone you wish was still here. Someone who won't come back?" She asked voice hardly audible. She turned to look at me.

"Yes. Two people actually. My parents." I said as I looked at the ground, "how about you?" I asked. I knew she had. I could just tell.

"Yes. Not even a week ago. My mother. She was shot. Shot by the bullet meant to kill my father." She said as she stood up from the chair. I took a small step towards her. She took a step towards me, "We were having a family dinner. We were talking about having another day like this." We yet again took a step towards each other, "She gave me an heirloom the day before. She gave me everything. I think she knew it was going to happen. I think she gave me everything I wanted before she died. Now," we were now a foot apart, "all I want is my mother back."she smiled sadly. Then she started to fall. I caught her and pulled her up close to me. I hugged her tight against me. She grabbed my shirt and cried, she cried for a while. Then there was silence.

"Do you feel better?" I questioned. We slightly pulled away to look at each other.

"Ya. I guess I owe you an explanation of why someone wanted to kill my dad and why I live in a house like this one." She said as she walked out of the art studio and into her room. We sat on her bed.

"I guess you do. But you don't have to. It is completely up to you." I said she leaned into me. I put an arm around her, pulling her closer.

"I will tell you. My dad is the owner of a major company. Stardust. I was raised without the media knowing about me. No one knows what we look like. Until just recently they had no idea I existed. When my mom died her assistant said it was a heart attack. When I was 8 my dad started to work a lot more. I moved schools, more than I liked. When I was 11 we moved here. They always had this mansion. They just wanted me to grow up with my cousins. I have been to many different schools out here. I got kicked out of just about half. I used to see my dad about twice a week. Since my mom died, he doesn't call, text or visit. I just want family with me. So, that is my story. Do you have any questions?" She looked at me then at her hands.

"Just one. Where did you grow up?"

"I grew up in New York City. Not as fun as it sounds."

"You moved from New York to Colorado? Cool." I said she yawned, "I think you should get some sleep. I'll text you tomorrow."

"Alright." She crawled under her covers and fell asleep. I smiled sand left. I went to the door.

"So. Did you fix her?" Maggie asked.

"I really hope so. Thank you." With that I left. I drove home. There was a note on the counter for me. It's from my aunt. She said goodnight. I are dinner then looked at the clock. It was well after 10. I headed to bed. I remembered everything that happened at Jyn's house. Then I fell into a deep, peaceful sleep with a smile in my face.

A/N

Sorry for not updating I was in Washington D.C. for a school trip. It was a lot of fun. I will try to update by the end of the week!!! Please comment and vote!!!!! Thanks!!

~Sophia