CHAPTER TWO: THE ROLLERCOASTER THAT IS MY LIFE ||SAHRA||

"I'm always grateful for her because even though she didn't have to, ever since I was young she took care of me as if I were her own" -Sahra Khan

Chapter Two:

The Rollercoaster That Is My Life

☀️Sahra Khan☀️

"Ma, please don't go." I sobbed as I held my mother's hand tightly. Seeing her like this, so lifeless, broke my heart into a million pieces. All of my life its always been me and my mother, how am I going to live without her? She slightly raised her hand and began to wipe my tears with the back of her palm. "I'm not going anywhere, I'll always be with you, beti. So please don't cry." She responded, her voice cracking at the end. "I just want to say that I love you so much and I'm so sorry to be putting you through this. There are a lot of things that I'm apologetic towards you for, my beloved daughter. There's something I need to tell yo-" She suddenly stopped speaking and blacked out, before I knew it the doctors came rushing through the door.

I couldn't see much due to the tears in my eyes blurring my vision.

All I remember was seeing her being pulled away, before I myself collapsed on to the floor.

Life is a roller coaster, it has it's ups and it's downs. My life was perfectly fine up until everything came to a screeching halt around 6 months ago, when my mom passed away of lung cancer. When she passed away I immediately was sent to live with my mother's best friend who lived in Florida because she was the closest thing I had to family. Now here I am laying in my bed just thinking about how screwed up my life truly is. "Sahra!" My milk-brother Zakariyah called from downstairs. I sighed as I got off of my bed and headed downstairs. "What?" I groaned, walking down the stairs and into the living room. "Can you make me food?" He asked giving me a hopeful look.

"Do I look like your maid? God gave you two perfectly capable hands and feet buddy." I responded irritably. This dude really made me come all the way downstairs just so I could get home food? Ha!

"Please?"

"You're so god damn lazy!"

"Fine," He pouted as he got up and walked to the kitchen. My eyes widened immediately after I looked at the time on top of the stove. Shoot! I was supposed to pick up my other brother up from soccer practice 15 minutes ago. I quickly ran up the steps and wrapped a hijab around my head as well as grab my car keys. "I'm going to go pick up Ismail." I stated as quickly put on my shoes and walked out the door.

After a ten minute drive or so I finally made it to the soccer field and called Ismail. "Finally! What took you so long?" My fourteen year old brother said as he got into my car. "Sorry I lost track of time." I responded, getting back on to the main road. Just for the people who are confused, Zak and Ismail are my milk brothers. When I was a baby that's when my mom started to get really sick so my mom's best friend, who's my second mom, took care of me up until I was the age four.