CHAPTER NINE: DISCOVERIES ||SUMAYAH||

"For some reason, the world doesn't want us to be together. And now more than ever we have to find out why." - Sumayah Ahmed

" - Sumayah Ahmed

Chapter Nine:

Discoveries

⭐️Sumayah Ahmed⭐️

My alarm went off on my phone for almost the 10th time this morning before I finally decided to get off of my lazy butt. Ever since the argument I had a couple of days ago with Ayeyo, I haven't been talking much to anyone in this household. Well, except my uncle. It's kind of hard to stay mad and not talk to him for a long period of time. I also haven't been talking much to Abo lately either. Mostly because I know I'll feel tempted to ask him why Sahra and I got separated in the first place. Honestly, I'm just so fed up with all of the secrets in this family.

Suddenly my phone buzzed and I noticed I got a text from Sahra.

I'll be outside of your house in ten minutes

After seeing that, I quickly jumped out of my bed and started getting ready. I have to get out before any of my family members wake up and try to talk to me again. After my implosion the other day, both my grandparents have been trying to be nicer to me, especially Ayeyo. I guess she started to feel bad about what she said. Anyways, I'm not ready to forgive them just yet. I mean I know I will eventually because they are my grandparents after all but, I'm not ready to just forgive and forget. Not yet.

Suddenly I heard a knock on my door and my uncle opened it.

"Can we talk?"

Instead of speaking, I nodded my head in response. Although he also lied to me, I'm not that angry with him. Probably because of the fact that he always tried to shield me from Ayeyo and Awowa's harsh words ever since I was little. He always had my back and I couldn't be more thankful for him. "I know you're angry and I'm sorry that I also kept that secret from you." He apologized.

"It's okay."

"Good, your dad is going to come at the end of this week. We didn't tell him that you know yet because we figured that you should." He stated with a worried look on his face. "I-I don't want to see him." I responded as I stared at the window in my room. Again, I know that he wouldn't lie unless it was for a good reason but still, he's been lying to me since the day I was born. That's not something I could just shrug off that easily. "I understand but you have to at one point." He then ruffled my head with his hand and left my room.

* * *