CHAPTER TWENTY TWO: WHAT'S IN THE DARK WILL ALWAYS COME TO LIGHT ||SAHRA||

"Damn if Mama were here right now she would've been proud to see that."-Sahra Khan, SBC

Chapter Twenty Two:

Chapter Twenty Two:

What's In The Dark Will Always Come To Light

☀️Sahra Khan☀️

We shouldn't be doing this, I thought to myself as Sumayah and I stepped out of the car and to the park where Mansoor was waiting for us. I know that we should've listened to our father and not go but part of me wants to hear everything directly from him. I mean I did grow up with Mansoor and I know that he isn't a bad person so he deserves the benefit of the doubt, right? What will Zak think after I tell him everything? I couldn't help but worry. Him and Mansoor have been best friends for ages. This will crush him.

I miss them so much, it still feels weird not seeing Aunt Amira, Ismail and Zak everyday. I need to call them soon and catch up with them. I mean I did promise Izzy that we would talk all the time and that nothing would change. I need to keep that promise and so far I haven't been doing too hot of a job.

"You guys came." Mansoor said as he smiled at us both.

"Yeah, so spill." Sumayah responded, cutting to the chase.

"Should we uh, should we talk somewhere more private?" He asked as he looked around the empty park.

"We're good here." I responded as I sat at one of the benches. Sumayah sat beside me while Mansoor sat in the seat across from us. "Okay, here goes nothing." He started off, fidgeting with his hands nervously. "I am your cousin and your mother is my father's sister. Aunt Priyanka knew about me and always wanted to tell you the truth but she couldn't because my father and her were secretly building a case against...him. And they didn't want him to know that they were together and working against him. Ever since Aunt Priyanka passed, I've been helping my father gather information that would help with the case. Your father knows everything because he came and talked to me not that long ago. I just want you guys to know that I am on your side and I want Badrinath to pay for his crimes. Because of what he did to Aunt Priyanka, it ruined all of our lives but especially you guys's. I'm sorry that I kept that a secret from you, Sahra all of these years but I knew it was to protect you. But I want you to know that I didn't become friends with Zak for that reason." He said as he looked me in the eyes.

"Your Hussein's son?" I asked, not knowing how to react. So he's our cousin and both him and Mama never thought to tell me that for all of these years. I don't even know how to react at this point and I can't even get mad if I wanted to. The only reason that Mama kept secrets was to protect us so how can I even get mad? I'm just shocked but at the same time it does explain how he's always been overprotective of me ever since we were young. I just always thought he saw me as a younger sister but now I know it's because we are related.