CHAPTER SIXTEEN: WHEN TWO WORLDS COLLIDE ||SAHRA||

" When did my life turn into a crazy bollywood film?" -Sahra Khan, SBC.

Chapter Sixteen:

When Two Worlds Collide

☀️Sahra Khan☀️

This wasn't a coincidence, none of this was. Whoever caused the fire knew that my 'father' was coming back today and that this is his parents restaurant but there was something else that was bugging me. How did they know that me and my brothers were going to be here? I've never heard of this restaurant up until today so how did they know that I was going to come here of all places? My head felt like it was going to be explode with all of these unanswered questions roaming around. "Are you okay? Who were those people?" Zakariyah asked as he gave me a look of concern. For a split second I forgot that they were here with me witnessing all of this mayhem.  I let out a sigh as I rubbed my eyes with my thumb, well there's no point in hiding anything from them now. "Those people were...my family. The old man that I was talking to earlier turned out to be my Grandfather and those other people were my father and twin sister. I know that this is crazy and I didn't expect to meet them here. The only person I've been in contact with is my twin, Sumayah. I didn't even know that her dad came back today and that we were eating at her grandparents restaurant until after everyone was evacuating..." I found myself rambling.

It was as if I was holding all of this information in for so long that when I began to talk about it, I couldn't bring myself to stop. When did my life turn into a crazy bollywood film? Except without the dramatic romance, I'm getting a long lost twin, crazy family and a psycho stalker. Yup, fun right? "Whoa, whoa sis calm down." Ismail said as he grabbed my arms to hold me steady. I didn't even realize that I was shaking, suddenly I started to feel my chest get more and more heavy. It then become hard to breathe. Oh no, it was happening again.

Another panic attack.

The first time I got one was after mom's death. Ever since then its been regular occurrence up until a couple of months ago. I thought I was getting better, I thought that I was done with them but here I am once again. "It's okay, Sahra. Close your eyes and keep taking deep breaths, you'll get through this. Just let go of all of the thoughts in your head right now and relax." Zakariyah instructed as he and Ismail brought me next to a bench. They were so used to this by now that they already knew the drill. I did as he said and tried to let go of all the thoughts I had in my head and just breathe. To make myself relax, I thought of all of the fun times I've had with my mother growing up. All the times we'd stay up late and binge watch Shah Rukh Khan movies, the times we'd randomly go out to get ice cream, the times she'd go to my school plays and recitals. All of the small things that held a place in my heart. The moment I thought of her, all of my problems seemed to have vanished away.