Chapter Eleven - Turning the Tables

Lizetta's POV

After we heard the boys' plan to prank us, I decided to give them a taste of their own medicine. Amelia and I emerged from the forest and approached the boys. I told Amelia to keep Ethan distracted while I played along with Tate. I stood in front of him and smiled, "So, what were you two talking about?" Tate began to sweat and he chuckled nervously, "Oh, nothing. He's just really excited about the wedding and stuff." He paused and then continued, "Actually, he was saying he didn't want to share a tent with Amelia since he feels like he'd do something stupid." He looked at the floor and ruffled his hair, trying to look embarrassed. I nodded, "Sure, I didn't want to share with you anyways. So, this works out just fine." He looked up and scowled at me and I smirked in response. "Well?", I asked, "Anything else?" He just shook his head, "You're a piece of work, you know?" I just smiled and wrapped my arms around his neck, "You like this piece of work." He looked flushed for a moment, but regained his composure quickly, "Come now, master piece. We must eat." We laughed as we pulled away from each other and joined Amelia and Ethan for supper. As I sat down, I caught Amelia's eye and she couldn't wait to actually put our plan into action. I knew this because I felt the same way.

We had finished cleaning up after supper and it was bed time, the boys had gone off to get more wood and Amelia and I were changing in the tents. I used Tate's since there wasn't enough space in Amelia's for us to move around and change. I always loved listening to music whilst changing, I found a way to manoeuvre around my earphones and my clothes. I had already gotten my top and vest off and was reaching for my bra when I knocked over the light and the tent went dark. "Shit." I cursed, over the music as I moved around in the dark looking for the light. While feeling around, my hand touched another's and I jumped, but the person moved forward and fell on me. I ripped my earphones out of my ears and blinked in the darkness, "Who are you?" Tate chuckled, "Are you topless?" I blushed heavily, thankful for the darkness. He ran his hand down my side and I shivered even though his hands were warm and soft. So soft. Before I could process what was happening, my hands were in his hair and we were making out feverishly. He pulled his shirt off and pressed his body against mine, his skin rubbing up against mine. I sigh lightly before giggling and causing him to laugh as well, "What is it?" I shake my head and kiss his lips quickly, "Nothing, we just have to get ready for bed. Get out." I laugh and push him playfully until he's out of the tent and I quickly undress and slip on my pajamas. I step out of the tent and race into Amelia's to find her smirking at me, I roll my eyes, "Don't look at me like that. Get into position."

Amelia's POV

I rolled my eyes as Lizetta gave me orders. "Get into position.", She slowly crawled out of our tent and I followed closely. "Alright, I'll go this way and you go that way.", I said as I walked away to take my position.

Our plan was to fake a kidnapping, Lizetta and I left behind our pj tops and slippers to make it seem plausible. We headed out in our pj pants,vests and barefoot. Once we were on either side of the camp site behind trees, we screamed for help. "WHAT ARE YOU DOING?", I yelled from one end as Lizetta yelled from the other, "LET GO OFF US". She winked at me as I tried to hold back my laughter.

Immediately Tate and Ethan emerged from their tent in a panicked state. "Where are they? Damnit, I told you we should have started our plan early, then this wouldn't have happened." Tate said as he fell to his knees. Ethan paced back and forth with worry washed all over his face, "This is not happening... No, it's not". Both boys panicked frantically as they jumped to numerous assumptions and made ridiculous explanations that they would give to the King and Queen.

Once Lizetta and I decided it was enough pulling their leg, we slowly made our way around to the camp behind the boys. Together, we both yelled "BOO!" and laughed as the boys fell before us. We laughed uncontrollably as Tate looked at us with daggers and Ethan rubbed his head.

"Serves you right for trying to prank us!" I said and I raised an eyebrow. Both boys came to their feet as they embraced us, "I hate you for that prank, I thought you were gone forever." Tate said as he hugged Lizetta. "Don't ever do something like that again!", Ethan hugged me.

We all calmed down and settled around the campfire and enjoyed the chill of the night, and laughed about the whole situation.

"Hey, guys. Amelia's birthday is in 2 days.", Ethan said as we sat around the fire. I smiled at him, "So is our engagement party, Ethan." He smiled back at me and nodded. I couldn't wait to be engaged and finally married to him, I loved him so much. For that one moment, everything was perfect.