Caged

(Stark's P.O.V)

Stark awoke to the sound of yells coming from the mob swarming around the gate

his mansion.

What now......?

He willfully dragged himself out of the warmth of his bed and exited his room. After a quick check on the sleeping Kalek (Okay, it wasn't really too quick), he raised the blinds off one of the windows and peered out into the street. He was met with loud yells and tormenting screeches from the giant mob inhabiting the street across from his front gates. He didn't get to gape for long before his phone began to ring. Spotting Fury's name on the caller ID, he quickly picked up, hoping for some insight on why there was a giant swarm of people surrounding his house.

"Stark, what on earth do you think your doing?!"

"What the fuck, man. I just got up" Stark quickly pulled down the blinds and made his way over to the counter to get himself a well deserved drink.

"Were you the one who smashed into the military storage building last night?"

"What are you-"

Crap.

Stark stopped mid sentence as the reality of the situation dawned on him.

"Still waiting on that answer, Stark"

"It wasn't me, Nick"

"Oh really? 'cause the flashing lights in the sky the press caught on camera last night look a lot like your boosters"

"Alright, yeah, I was around the area but it wasn't me"

"Tony, your making this alot harder on yourself"

"You know what, Nick? I don't give a fuck, okay?! You and everyone else can take a goddamn hike 'cause I know that wasn't me that night. I'm done caring about what you, or anyone else ,for that matter, thinks about this bullshit"

"Stark, Dont you dare hang up on me now. Stark? Stark-"

Stark slammed his phone down on the countertop and fell back onto his sofa, tired of everything and everyone.

Something had made him withhold the information about Kalek. He didnt know why he did it. It would've been easier to just turn Kalek in. It would clear his name too but....

"Mr.Stark?"

Oh, Well speak of the devil.

Stark forced on a signature grin.

"Top of the morning to you, Sunshine. Sleep well?"

Kalek looked mildly confused by the question.

"Well, I suppose it was adequate enough"

"Not exactly the answer I was expecting but I'll take it"

Stark popped open the refrigerator.

"Breakfast?" He asked the boy, pulling out some eggs paired with some bread from the cupboard. Usually these days he didn't feel like cooking but with the boy around he felt the need to show off a bit.

Kalek followed his progress curiously from behind the countertop, looking absolutely mortified when Stark cracked open the eggs and poured the contents into the frying pan.

"What....are you doing?"

"Um.....I believe I'm frying some eggs?"

"Why are they.....liquid?" The boy then proceeded to walk over in a daze and stick one finger into the burning hot frying pan, swirling the eggs around.