Chapter 3

Paige’s POV

       After several days of practicing, finally there came the first performance. The performance starts at 7 p.m but Abby told all of us to go to rehearsal at 10 a.m, then have lunch, and then go to the green room to get ready for the performance by 1:30 p.m, and have dinner at 6 p.m. It was a busy day for all of us, but I knew it was all for performance. So this morning Maddie and Chloe woke me up at 8 and then we talked, chatted and had so much fun. When we talked about the party on the previous day, we weren’t really happy though because we thought Jojo kind of ruined everything. But we didn’t have lots of time so we started to get ready for rehearsal. It is our last rehearsal before the performance so I needed to focus. We had breakfast in our rooms and it was a simple breakfast.

       After breakfast the rehearsal started. The routine went pretty well, all of us except Asia was doing pretty well. Asia was having a little bit of trouble for the aerial walkover and the back tuck while everybody else was nailing it. She either hit the floor too hard after the front aerial or failed. Asia was one of my friends so I hoped that she stayed. She looked really concerned. Mackenzie helped her with her trouble but it didn’t help. But other than that, everything went pretty well. So after lunch we went through our dance over and over during the afternoon rehearsal and Asia was still a little bit worry about the dance. I just hoped that Asia could do well in the performance. I walked into the Greenroom with my ALDC friends together. We found our independent make up tables that had our names with sparkles on the mirror that comes along with the table. 

       “Guys, I have a little surprise for all of you.” Abby said. “You can come out.” Oh my god, they were our moms. “I forgot to tell you that your mom will join you every week at the performance.” I was so happy to see my mom in this competition. It felt so good to be in this competition and have our own make up artist and hair artist. My costume was a purple dress, similar to the costume of my solo “make some noise”. For my hair, it was a high ponytail with a few curves. I’ve also had a purple headpiece which was a purple hat with some purple feathers. So in general, I like my costume and my hair. Maddie and Chloe’s costume was pretty too. There were two parts, a blue top with sparkles and a long skirt that goes below the knees. The hip hip costume were sweatpants and a top and the lyrical-acro costume was a light blue dress. I ran through my dance again and again in the greenroom to make sure I have nailed everything, then   my friends and I ordered some food from a nearby restaurant. After the meal, I practiced a bit and I was ready to go on stage. Asia was still unhappy about her routine, so all of us were trying to comfort her.

       It was 7 p.m and the performance started. Kevin Manno introduced this competition a bit and then, he introduced the first dance which was the lyrical number. “Our challenge winner Maddie chose her own routine and her partners. Let’s see whether she made the right choice!” Kevin said. “Please welcome a lyrical number with Maddie, Kalani, Chloe, Jojo, Zack and Amanda!”

   They walked onstage beautifully. All of them did their routine perfectly except Jojo and she was behind everybody. The judges provided all of them except Jojo with praise and they thought that Jojo was behind. I didn’t really care how Jojo did because I didn’t like her and I wanted to focus on my routine. 

     After they walked backstage, our routine was next. “I love you sweetheart. Do the best you can.” my mom said before I went onstage. I was excited and nervous at the same time. “Please welcome a jazz-acro routine with Paige, Mackenzie, Asia, Dylynn, Kendall and Nia!” We walked onstage with a fast speed and got into our starting position. Everything went pretty well, side aerial, front walkovers, toe rises. handstands, back layouts, back handsprings. I was happy that I did the aerial walkover pretty well and I was happy for Asia too. She did well except she landed heavily. The back tuck was great too because I thought all of us nailed it except Asia. She almost fell but I was glad that she didn’t. Then, our dance ended perfectly.