Chapter 21

Kalani’s POV 

Wednesday was quite similar. We had warm up first, then it was lyrical and tap. After lunch, we had hip hop and improv. Nothing was very special about that day, and we basically just did whatever we were supposed to. Nobody got into trouble and Abby didn’t get very mad. So that was how Wednesday passed. 

 Thursday and Friday were days that we had private lessons. Each of us got a private lesson with Abby, and another private lesson with Gianna. For me, I was having my private with Abby in studio A at 3:30 on Thursday, and with Gianna in studio A at 3:30 as well on Friday. Since I had no classes to attend for the rest of the day on both days, I decided to hang out with my friends, go to the mall, and come back before my private lesson starts.

Here was the schedule of today: 

Thursday;  

(Studio A———Main Room)

9:00———Warm up in the main room

9:30———Brooke’s Private with Abby

10:30———Paige’s Private with Abby

11:30———Kendall’s Private with Abby

12:30———Lunch

1:30———Autumn’s Private with Abby

2:30———Maddie’s Private with Abby

3:30———Kalani’s Private with Abby 

(Studio B) 

9:00———Warm up in the main room

9:30———Chloe’s Private with Gia

10:30———Mackenzie’s Private with Gia

11:30———Trinity’s Private with Gia

12:30———Lunch

1:30———Travis’s Private with Gia

2:30———Zack’s Private with Gia

The schedule for Friday was also posted, along with the schedule for today:

(Studio A———Main Room) 

9:00———Warm up in the main room

9:30———Brooke’s Private with Gia

10:30———Paige’s Private with Gia

11:30———Kendall’s Private with Gia

12:30———Lunch

1:30———Autumn’s Private with Gia

2:30———Maddie’s Private with Gia

3:30———Kalani’s Private with Gia

(Studio B)

9:00———Warm up in the main room

9:30———Chloe’s Private with Abby 

10:30———Mackenzie’s Private with Abby

11:30———Trinity’s Private with Abby

12:30———Lunch

1:30———Travis’s Private with Abby

2:30———Zack’s Private with Abby

We have privates at the same time for both days, however, it was one private lesson with Abby and one private lesson with Gianna. It was much easier to arrange extra activities that are entertaining. Since Maddie’s private lesson was just before mine, we decided to hang out together. We decided to wait for Chloe, and go together with her after Chloe finishes her private lesson. 

Before Chloe finished her private lesson, I was just stretching in the living room with Maddie while watching TV. We also just talked about random things together until Chloe finished her private. 

“How was your private?” We asked.

“It was good, Gia was being extremely tough. She also taught me some choreography. She didn’t tell me what it was for though.” 

“Hmm, maybe it is just a chance to practice! Or maybe the teachers just wanted to see how we are doing and how we are doing at learning new things,” I said. We didn’t worry about anything though.

“I am guessing that you guys will learn different choreography as well, because I stayed for a while during Mackenzie’s private with Gia, and I Mackenzie was learning a different combo,” Chloe answered.

“Oh well, whatever, I am just gonna do whatever Gia or Abby teaches me though,” I replied 

“Okay, let’s not worry about this for now. Let’s go to the mall before any teacher comes in and see us going to the mall!” Paige yelled.

So we went to the mall, and we just looked around, there wasn’t anything very interesting. We basically just walked around, trying to find something interesting, but we didn’t. 

We all got starbucks, and we also sat down for lunch. It wasn’t not a busy day, since we were just hanging out in the mall and chatting all the time. We only visited a few stores, since I didn’t feel I needed anything, but I just wanted to get together with my friends and relax from dancing. 

After about an hour at the mall, we went back to our rooms and got ready for our private lessons. Mine was with Miss Abby, and I was ready to learn new choreography. 

“Hi Kalani! How are you today?” Abby asked.

“Good, how are you?” I asked.

“Good. So take a few minutes to warm up, and I will be right back. Feel free to use any yoga blocks and foam rollers in this studio. You can also use mats if you want for some acro tricks,” Abby mentioned. 

“Alright!”

I spent about five minutes to warm up. I did my over splits, center splits, and some acro tricks just to stretch out a bit more. When Abby came back, I started learning the private lesson.

I first did some exercises across the floor, such as kicks, tilts, pirouettes, jumps, etc. When I felt a bit warmer, I started learning my choreography.

A/N: Hey guys! I am finally on wattpad. I have been having a lot more homework for school, and I have a lot less time to spend on writing. 

Sorry that this chapter is so short! I might be starting to do shorter chapters, depending on how much time I have. 

Anyways, thank you guys so much for 7k on this story and 1k on "Don't Leave Me"! I love you guys all!

Dance Moms Awards Question: What's your favorite Maddie's solo?

Comment on what you think! Feel free to let me know about your ideas! That would be very helpful!

xoxo, Jessi