Chapter 6

Addison’s POV

At around 6:30, all of us finished dinner, and at 7 p.m, the competition started. I was kind of nervous because there were a lot of great dancers, and I really want to be on top. Everyone had at least 2 numbers, a big group number and a small group number, both improv dance-offs. The third routine might be happening because no one knows who would be in the elimination group.

First was the big group dance-off. I was ready for the group number but I was nervous of what song I would dance to, I hoped it was a slow song so I could do some of my lyrical moves which are my strengths. But I was also worried because there are some really good dancers here so I need to push myself harder. But I hoped that I could do very well. So we walked onstage after Kevin’s short introduction. Before I went on stage, Brooke said good luck to me and I thanked her back. When we got onstage, Abby asked whether we were ready, and we said yes. “After I start the music about 10 seconds, I will call dancers randomly and the dancer being called will improv. Since Autumn won the challenge, she would have more time to dance and when all of us improv together, she will be in the center of the front row.” Abby applied afterwards.“Music on!” It was “When You Are Gone” by Avril Lavigne. Yah! It was slow and beautiful so I could put some of my lyrical moves. “First we have Dylynn.” Dylynn did some turns, some ballet techniques such as developpes, grand jetes. She also did some moves she made up. After Dylynn it was Maddie. Maddie did awesome so I was nervous. Than Chloe danced followed by Brooke. I was next. I did my devloppes and all my other lyrical moves. I also did my grand jetes. Than other dancers did their parts. Autumn had more time to dance since she was the challenge winner. She did really well so I was nervous. I thought everybody did pretty well and I didn’t know who was going home.

Travis’s POV

At around 6:30, all of us finished our group improv number. I walked to the green room with Chloe and we started to talk. She was trying to calm down but she couldn’t because she thought she was horrible. “Come with me, Chloe.” I said. So we went to a little corner with only 2 chairs and a table in the green room. 

“Thank ya Tra”. She said in a sad voice. “Trust me Chloe, you did really well. If you thought you did horrible, you should feel confident for the small group performance. It was your chance, so trust me, you won’t go home, don’t cry.” I said. “Here, I will give you a hug. Actuallyyy..., I-ii-i lovvvv-eeee youuu.” I decided to tell her I like her because that was what I thought. “Thank you. For the last sentence you said, I would think of it. But thanks for comforting me.” Chloe said. I was kind of disappointed that she didn’t state her opinion. As we talked, we went back to where others were. Maddie and Paige comforted Chloe and they went to the washroom. They probably have something private to talk about.

Chloe’s POV

I went to the washroom with Maddie and Paige, who were my closest friends in this competition. I thought I did really bad so I was really nervous. But after Travis comforted me, I felt a little bit better. Maddie and Paige were trying to comfort me. But it was not my biggest concern. After Travis said he liked me, I didn’t reply because I wasn’t sure whether I had a crush on him. If I said I liked him too, it might not be what I was actually thinking but if I said I didn’t like him, it could hurt his feelings. So I was asking Maddie and Paige about what I should do.

“What should I do? I don’t know how I should deal with it. I don’t want to hurt anybody’s feelings though.” I said. They suggested me that just let everything go and see what ever happens. Also they suggest that I should just tell Travis what I actually think about him because they said that if I lie to him it would hurt his feelings too. I thought I only needed to focus on my small group number that was coming next. I hoped the music was slow and beautiful so I could do lyrical moves. 

Jordyn’s POV

Our dance off was first in the performance and I was nervous. “Please welcome the first improv group, with Maddie, Chloe, Gino, Autumn, Jordyn and Jojo! Our music will be ‘when you are gone”. Enjoy!” Kevin said. Lyrical is perfect for this music, but I don’t know whether we can survive because everybody is a great dancer. We walked onstage and started. Our order was Jojo first, then Autumn, then Maddie, after Maddie I go and Chloe last. The music started and Jojo was first. She did some kicks, a little bit of turns, a center split with some hands position and some faces. Autumn did some leg hold turns, some jumps, a center penche, a front walkover, etc. Maddie die some turns, a front aerial, a developpes, some jumps, a toe rise to a bridge. I did some kicks, some turns, some jumps, ballet attitudes, developpes, etc. Overall I thought I did pretty well. Chloe did turns, developpes, grand jetes, arabasques and they were flawless.

“Let’s hear for all the dancers in this dance off. Let’s see how the judges like it and find out who wins and who will be in the elimination list.” Kevin said. Maddie, Chloe and Autumn got really good comments and I was happy for them. “Jordyn, it was not amazing, but overall it was good. You need to remember to turn out your feet when you turn.” Abby said. Jojo didn’t get really good comments and the judges thought her moves were way too simple. “Therefore, the winner of this small group dance off, is.......... Autumn!” Autumn looked really happy since she was absolutely safe. “The dancer who is in the chopping list, is..........” I hoped that it wasn’t me. “Is Jojo!” Thank god. I felt relieved, but I was sad for Jojo since she had a chance of going home. We walked back to the green room and rested. 

Next on the stage was group 2 with Mackenzie, Asia, Amanda, Tyler, Dylynn, Paige. So they walked onstage and their music was the original version of “Titanium”. Their music was great, all of them did pretty well except Tyler because I thought he wasn’t powerful enough. Paige and Mackenzie did acro tricks, Dylynn did lots of turns, Tyler did some hip hop moves and Amanda did turns and tango. The winner was Paige and Tyler was in the elimination group. Afterwards it was group 3 with Sophia, Kalani, Brynn, Bostyn, Travis, Brooke. They danced to a lyrical music called “don’t catch me”. Kalani, Bostyn and Brooke did lyrical and some acro movements. Brynn did some turns. Travis did some lyrical moves too while Sophia did pirouettes and developpes. The winner was Sophia and Brynn was being put in elimination. The last group with Addison, Trinity, Kendall, Zack, Nia danced to a jazzy music. Trinity did jumps, kicks and spins. Zack did some turns, Addison did some turns as well. Trinity won and Nia was in elimination. I felt bad for the dancers at elimination.