Chapter 7

Nia’s POV

I was definitely extremely nervous for the upcoming challenge, which decides who goes home. I landed in the bottom with Jojo, Tyler and Brynn. I wanted to do very well because I didn’t want to go home. Bostyn was trying to comfort me when I was in the green room, waiting. So I practiced on some dance skills by myself.

“Our last group today, is the small elimination group number which decides who goes home. Let’s welcome Jojo, Tyler, Brynn and Nia. Good luck to all of you!” Kevin announced. “Just deep breathe, Nia. Good luck! I am praying for you!” Bostyn told me before I went onstage and it made me feel a little bit better. Our music was “lights, camera, action” so I thought about doing jazz. This time the rule is a little bit different, every time there were two dancers battling each other. The winner goes to the side fo the stage and rest because it means the winner doesn’t go home. The loser keeps battling onstage, until there is only one dancer left, who will go home. I was dancing first, against Jojo, which made me kind of nervous.

When the music started, I did some pirouettes, some jumps such as leaps, toe rises, tilts, my signature move the death drop and so on. I did some moves from my old dances. Jojo did some kicks, and some other moves that she made up, which was pretty much as same as what she had already done. I battled again, and did some knee drops, an aerial, leg hold turns, etc. Jojo danced right after and did some jumps, and a little bit of turns. The music stopped and it was time to announce who wins. “I was kind of impressed, and the person who is safe for another week, is...... Nia!” I was so excited because I was moving forward. But I was feeling bad for Jojo. “Unfortunately Jojo, you have to keep battling other dancers until you are being told safe.” Abby said and Jojo nodded. Jojo battled Brynn, one of my best friends since we’ve knew for ages. I was hopping the best for her. Same as me, Brynn fif jazzy moves that I thought were really good. Jojo also did some other different moves. Brynn advanced which means she was safe. Finally Jojo battled Tyler, Tyler did some hip hop moves. I was surprised that Jojo also did hip hop moves. To be honest, they were pretty good. I don’t know who was going home because it was a pretty close challenge. All the dancers went back to the green room and waited for the judges to have their decision. Surprisingly, Tyler called Kalani over. 

Kalani’s POV

I was surprised that Tyler called me over. I followed him to a hidden place backstage. “Kalani, I feel that I have to tell you something, and be honest in front of you, instead of being honest in front of other dancers except Travis. It is one of my secrets.” Tyler said. I wondered what that was. “From the first moment I saw you, I felt that I couldn’t deal with it. I had good feelings of you. You are nice, you are pretty, and you are cute. I just like you.” Oh my god, I blushed. “You should know what I mean by that. I love you. If you want to start hang out with me after the competition or during the weekends, call me or answer my messages, or just tell me if I am still in the competition/ Okay?” “Umm, sure.” I said, but I wasn’t really sure about what to say for real. 

After, I walked back. When I got up from my seat in that hidden place, I heard people running. Than I ran quickly and I saw Dylynn, Brynn, Bostyn and some other dancers. I knew they were listening the conversations between Tyler and I because that was what they liked to do! It can sometimes be fun though. I was worried that Tyler might be going home, since I had a little bit of crush on him.

Brooke’s POV

Since it was time for judges to make decisions, we were in the green room, taking a break. Maddie and I were sitting on the couch, playing with our phones. Maddie was currently obsessed with Minecraft so she was playing it. I was listening to music on my phone. We (my friends and I) were talking about who we thought would go home. Maddie thought it would be a close game. Chloe thought Jojo was going home. Paige thought Tyler would go home. I agreed with Maddie, that it would be a close game.

Afterwards, all dancers were called back to the stage. It was time to announce who would leave. “Okay. the judges have came up with a consensus about who would leave. If your name is called, move forward.” Kevin announced. “During the performance, we’ve announced top dancers and bottom dancers. Now it’s time to announce the winner for the overall big performance, which can also sent someone home. Dancers below, please step forward.” Abby said.

“Kalani.”

“Addison.”

“Autumn.”

“Chloe.”

“Maddie.”

“Brooke. Congratulations, you guys were the top dancers for the big dance-off, which means you guys are staying.” Abby applied with smile. “Now, let’s renounce the people on the slaughter list. Jojo, Nia, Brynn, Tyler. After our last elimination dance-off, it was down to Tyler and Jojo. Congratulations to Brynn and Nia because you guys are both moving forward.” Brynn and Nia walked away with happiness, but Tyler and Jojo were really said because they were “dangerous”.

“Tyler, Jojo. It is not your best day today. During the performance, there were things that you could improve on, such as the power, strength and the techniques. Jojo, you kept doing same things over and over, and there weren’t any techniques. Tyler, what you’ve done were too easy for you. You need to start to challenge yourself. Hmm, this is really tough. Tyler, today is not your day.”

All of us went back to the green room. We said goodbye to Tyler, especially Travis and Kalani. We packed up our supplies and went back to our rooms. After losing another dancer, some people were sad, while some weren’t.

Sophia’s POV

We went back to our rooms right after the performance. “Hooray for another week! Good jobs guys!” It was Autumn. She was so excited that she was still staying at the competition. She prepared snacks and drinks, and after came to living room from the kitchen. It was really strange that after Autumn said that sentence, everybody was neither happy nor unhappy. I guess it was because Tyler left which made people unhappy in a type of way. I didn’t care that much though. So I went back to my room and started to read. Suddenly, someone pushed the door.

“Gino? Hi!” Gino walked in. “Hi Sophia! Here is the deal, I need your help!” Gino said. Since I knew him before and we were friends, I was going to help him. “You know that I have a crush on Maddie?” Gino said. “Of course! Everybody knows that I believe, since you said that once.” I replied. “But the thing is Maddie probably doesn’t like me. and we can’t find lots of things to talk about. For example she likes Minecraft but I don’t.” Gino said with concerns. “Well, I might have a solution! You can probably ask her about what she likes so she knows that you are trying to talk with her! Maybe she thinks that you are somehow scary for her.” I answered. “Okay I will try. Thank you Sophia!” After Gino left, I went to bed. I was wondering why people were unhappy. When I just closed my eyes and was ready for sweet dreams, Autumn came back, and I can tell that she wasn’t happy.

“What was the matter?” I asked. “Well, I finally found out that people didn’t really like what I said.” Autumn said. “Well Autumn, trust me. People won’t remember what you’ve said for that long, they might just forget what you say the next day! I understand why you said that because everyone should be excited to stay for another week! This is what this competition is all about: getting excited for staying, and get excited for winning. Alright?” That was what I was thinking. “Thanks Sophia. You are my best friend in this entire competition. I hope we can both make it to the finals.” Autumn said which made me so happy. “True! Autie, we can definitely make it to the finals.” I applied. We smiled at each other and went to bed. The talk with Autumn was one of my best times.