Chapter 13

Addison’s POV

I was really happy that I made it through another week. I was sad at the same time that Bostyn and Brynn left because they were my really close friends from my dance studio. Mackenzie probably wanted to get rid of them because they were her competitors. 

I got up in the morning very early, so I decided to check my instagram. I haven’t been checking it for so long because I have been really busy with this competition. I was working very hard so I did not have time for anything else. I realized that Brooke was on her phone too, so we decided to take a walk and breathe some fresh air. 

“How do you feel about the competition? Do you feel the pressure?” I asked Brooke.

“Well, of course. Abby has been really tough, but I am kind of used to it, so I don’t feel too much pressure, but still.” she answered.

“How to make Abby pleased? It seems like it is so hard to please her.” I said.

“Well, if you work hard, listen to the instructions, do whatever she asks you to and it would be fine.”

“Thanks Brooke!” we went back to our room 15 minutes later. Then, I just got ready for dance, had breakfast, did some things like that.

“Congratulations for making through another tough week! Three people left. You are getting a bit closer to winning the big prize. Okay, let’s get into our challenge. Just to remind you, from now on in the competition, two or three people are leaving every week. This week, two people are leaving. The skill of this challenge is turning.”

Sophia’s POV

Turning? Yes! Turning has been my best ability ever. I got so excited for the group dance challenge.

“The reward if you win this challenge is huge. You will be safe for another week no matter how you do. You definitely want to win this challenge.” It is a huge reward, and I definitely want to win this. I need to prove that I can win a challenge, no matter how hard or tough the competition is.

“You will be improvising a combo that shows you best turns. You can add a little bit of elements that are not part of turning, but focus on turning more. The combo will be 32 counts long, so show your strengths. The challenge starts right now. Five, six, seven, eight.”

I did about 13 consecutive pirouettes, then I did about 4 a la seconds, and did some leg hold turns. I then did some consecutive illusions, and did more a la seconds. 

“I am disappointed from the most of you. I want to see Maddie, Chloe, Autumn, Sophia and Kendall one more time. The rest of you are out.”

We did the combination once again. “Maddie, Kendall, you two are out! But great job once again.” Abby announced.

“Sophia, I was very pleased with what you did. Congratulations! You are the winner of this Extreme Pirouette Challenge!” Abby said. I felt so excited and relieved.

Kalani’s POV

After the challenge, we all had a bit of free time. So, Chloe and I decided to send Maddie and Gino for a date. We created a prank that can let Maddie and Gino talk to each other, because Chloe felt that they haven’t been talking to each other for a while. She was kind of worried that their relationship would break.

“We have to do something though!” Chloe said.

After discussion, we decided to let Maddie and Gino stick with each other for a while in a locked room. We decided to first let Gino go into the room, and then use the voice of Gino to write Maddie a message, so Maddie could be in the locked room too. But we thought we would not actually lock the room. We thought we needed to let everyone to block the door, so no one could enter or leave the room without permission.