Chapter 9

Zack’s POV

I was happy for myself. Paige trusted me and I loved her. So, it was a big accomplishment for me. But the competition was about dance, not love. So I needed to focus on dancing. I was not really excited about my routine, since it was jazz. I wasn’t really really good at jazz, but definitely better than my hip hop.

Our choreographer was Tessandra Chavez. Bostyn and Paige were featured. There were some acro moves in the dance though. I was really happy that I was with Paige. Mackenzie and Paige were nailing these flips that are kind of acro. They also had a special back tuck part that was hard. Our music was “Supermodel” and it was fast. I really liked the music and the choreography.

We finished the rehearsal. After, we had a few more practice time during the afternoon. We could practice on whatever we wanted to. I was practicing my turns with Paige and Autumn. Autumn seemed really sad, so I asked her why and she said nothing. There were a lot of turns in the dance, and I wanted them to be as good as possible.

“Hey Paige!” Maddie and Chloe came to practice. They were practicing their turns too. Paige then started to talk with Maddie and Chloe.

“Looks like you guys are in love! Keep this special relationship!” Maddie and Chloe said, while laughing.

“What are you guys even talking about? We aren’t actually in love. We just, you know, kinda feeling comfortable of being together. Right, Zack?” Paige said.

“She is correct!” I said back.

“Zack, here you are!” Gino and Travis came.

“Hey Gino, hey Trav!”

“Hi people!” Gino and Travis yelled. “So, are you guys ready for the performance?” They asked. And we all answered things like “No!” or “Not really.”

After that, we continued to practice since we thought we kind of wasted some time. So we started to practice. I practiced some turns, since there were turns in the dance, and I was always having a problem with these turns. Finally, at 6 p.m we went to dinner, and we went back to our rooms after.

Mackenzie’s POV

Finally, there came the most important day, the performance day! But Abby called it “Competition Day” which made me nervous. So I got ready early, left plenty of time to practice, so I wouldn’t feel rushed. The rehearsal was going pretty well, I nailed everything, so I was not stressful at all. Asia, my best friend in the entire competition was extremely, tremendously nervous. I was trying to comfort her because I thought she was a fantastic dancer. But she said there were lots of technical issues with her contemporary number. I was hoping that she would be staying for another week.

“Competition Day!!!!” Autumn yelled. I have never seen her that excited about something since the first day of this week. I was happy to see the real Autumn. “You excited?” I asked. “Yah! You?” She asked back. “Yah, well kind of.” I said. I got to the green room with Autumn, and started my makeup. 

“Hey Kenz!” It was my mom.”Mom!” I hugged her. My mom would be here for every competition day. “My routine is jazz with Paige, Nia, Kendall and some other dancers, and I am excited.” I told my mom, and she was happy. I loved my costume. It was a red little dress with sparkles, similar with the costume of my solo “Reach for the Stars” for a competition on Dance Moms. Along with my costume, I also had a red hair clip with sparkles too. I wore tan jazz shoes and tan tights. I was stretching with Autumn. She was really nice actually. Looks like she was mean, but she was not. Her costume was a long dress that is white with some sparkles and it was pretty too.