Chapter 16

Paige’s POV

Because of the busy schedule for competition days, we barely had any free time to spend. We had to get up earlier than usual, get ready to go to our last rehearsal before our performance, and get nervous. I was a little bit nervous for my dance because lyrical was not my strongest style of dance. Also, comparing to some amazing technical dancers in my dance, I was not feeling very confident with myself. 

I was very excited for my costume. It was a black two-piece costume with sparkles and different patterns. Each of us had slightly different costumes. We all had black costume, but we had different patterns on our costume. We were told to wear tan tights and tan jazz shoes. I put my hair up into a high bun, which was a really common hairstyle. For our dance, I had a little headband that I had to wear with my bun. I really liked my costume.

“Are you ready to dance?” Suddenly Abby came into our dressing room.

“Yah! All of us are prepared!” Mackenzie shouted.

“Glad to hear it! Remember, two dancers are going home after the performance.”

Abby always like to remind us that more than one dancer will be eliminated. As I was practicing my dance and warming up with Kalani, I heard Autumn and Sophia whispering.

“Who do you think will be going home tonight?” Autumn asked.

“Well, I don’t know. I guess whoever with the worst technique.” Sophia replied.

“Who do you think is the worst technical dancer in this competition?” Autumn asked.

“Well, I don’t know. Probably Paige.”

“Oh, ignore them Paige.” Kalani said.

“Wait, did Paige hear it?” I heard Autumn and Sophia talking about it. 

“Quiet. I will talk to you later.” Autumn said as she left the room.

I knew what I was going to do. I had to prove that I was not the worst technical dancer.

We continued talking about random things until a staff called us onstage and told us to perform.

“Okay, Paige, remember? You have to prove Sophia and Autumn wrong!” Kalani, Chloe, Maddie, Kenzie said.

“How did you guys know?”

“Well, Kalani told us about it and said that we had to encourage you.”

“Thanks guys. You guys are always my best friends!”

Our dance was up first. I nailed my fouettes, which was the part where I was having a bit trouble with, and I also nailed my front aerial. Zack and I had lots of chemistry in our dancing, and we were good dancing partners. Addison did okay, however she forgot a part of our dance, and because she was trying to remember it but couldn’t, so she was different from the rest of us.

“Paige! You improved so much when this competition started. You pushed yourself above your comfort zone, and you worked extremely hard. I can see from you dancing how much work you put into your dance, your moves, and even your facial expressions. You showed great and flawless technique, absolutely amazing. This is the best performance I have ever seen from you.” Abby said. It was unbelievable that Abby made compliments on me. I was so happy.

“Paige! You were outstanding. You had great performance skills, and technique. It was such a joy to watch you dancing onstage. Beautiful!” Richy and Robin said.

The ballet routine was up next. Chloe probably did the best. She nailed her triple pirouettes, and all turns. Travis and Trinity struggled in ballet, but they had god performance. Sophia was in the middle. Chloe was definitely the prima ballerina in the whole competition, and she was also the queen of this dance.