Chapter 12

Dylynn’s POV

Performance, performance, performance! Finally, here comes the performance day! I have been so excited for this day since last night, because I think I would give an amazing performance tonight! Well, hopefully. So this morning, I finished getting ready really early. The dance room was open earlier. I thought I needed some time to go over my dance and make sure I nailed everything already. I went to the dance studio with Maddie and Chloe to practice on our dances.

“Are you guys excited?” I asked.

“I am so excited Dylynn! You look so excited!” Maddie said.

“Well Maddie, she probably is really excited. Am I right Dylynn?” Chloe laughed.

I was working on my technique and turns, since I had a turn combination that would probably be my weakness in this dance. I thought this was the only part that I need to work on, since I was really confident with the rest of the dance.

“Hey guys!” Trinity joined us.

“Hey Trinity! We were talking about our excitement for tonight. Wanna join us?” I asked. I really liked Trinity. She was really nice and funny. She was also a strong dancer. She would be one of my competitors in this competition. 

“Sure!” She said.

“Guys, let’s talk about other things, like boys.” Maddie said.

“Oh boys? I haven’t seen you being so interested in boys.” Chloe said.

“Which boy do you like?” I asked.

“I don’t know. I was in a weird relationship with Gino when I was in the Abby Lee Dance Company. We talked to each other and he kissed me during Valentine’s day, but other than that we didn’t do anything. Abby got really mad, and Cathy did too, probably.” Maddie said.

“Do you like him? Or should I say do you love him?” Trinity asked.

“A little bit, I guess.”

“Trin, who do you like?” all of us asked.

“I like Travis. But I don’t think he likes me though.” She said.

“Don’t worry, we will help you with that.” We said that, as we left the room.

After lunch, we started to get ready for our performance. Since I was in a lyrical number, I got a really elegant costume. It was a two-piece costume. There was a dark purple top with sparkles, and a dark purple skirt, also with sparkles that matches my top. I put my hair up into a regular high twisted bun. I also had a silver headpiece which looked like a flower for my hair. It was one of my favourite sets of costume so far in this competition.

Meanwhile, I heard the conversation between Trinity and Travis.

Trinity’s POV

“Hey Trinity! How are you today?” Travis asked.

“Good, how are you?” I asked back.

“Well, I feel that I might be going home tonight.” he said.

“Don’t worry, you are not going home tonight. Although three people are leaving tonight, but there are people worse than you.”

“Before the competition, I want to tell you something. You know, I like you.” he said and then smiled to me.

“Oh really?” I was excited since I had a crush on him.

“Can you give me a hug?” he asked.

“Sure!” we hugged. 

“Good luck today!” we said to each other.

I felt better after our conversation. I thought that I might do quite well for the performance.