Chapter 14 - The Macho Man

"You have the worse perception of me. Ever. I did nothing to deserve that!"

Xiomara stomped her feet and stabbed a finger at Omar. The tension rolling off of him in waves hit her like a slap in the face. And once again, those almond-shaped brown eyes zeroed in on her, a tic working his jaw.

"Keep your voice down," he gritted.

"I will not. How dare you say such a thing to me?" Her voice remained an octave too high, but she did lower it down to a whisper. "I've had it with your insults."

"We're not having this conversation here." He looked around at the empty hallway and then he grabbed her by the hand, dragging her farther down the hall to the bedroom right next to hers. With the twist of the knob, she ended up with her back plastered against the wall of the darkened interior of what appeared to be Omar's bedroom.

The fact that he was pressed against her like red on tomato sauce registered clearly on her brain... and other parts. Intimate parts. Her body's reaction was so completely at odds with what she actually thought of the man. He was unnecessarily rude to her. He had an ego problem. And she hated his smirk.

How could she dislike him and yet come alive whenever he touched her, looked at her, even talked to her? Damn hormones!

"W-what... what are you do-"

"You ask too many questions, woman." His voice was practically a growl in her ear.

A heartbeat later, his lips were on hers and she moaned into his mouth. Omar was so much taller than she was, that she wasn't only plastered against the wall with his leg pushed firmly between her thighs, but he had hoisted her up, one of his hands supporting her butt while the other circled her waist in a tight hold.

"You have no idea how much I missed you." He spoke the words against her ear, his teeth grazing her earlobe.

He kissed her neck, her jaw, her chin, nipping her with love bites. Xiomara pushed her bosom into him and inhaled his masculine scent deep into her lungs. One hand lifted to cup her breast as he reclaimed her mouth. She couldn't help but cling to him as his lips devoured her, brushing back and forth seductively and then taking her lower lip between his teeth and tugging.

Butterflies scattered in her stomach, their wings flapping like birds taking flight after a gunshot had disturbed them in their sanctuary. Between her thighs, a liquid fire burned, setting her core ablaze with heat.

"You taste so good," Omar said in between kisses, his hand holding her jaw captive, his fingers pressing into her cheek. "So damn good."

And then his mouth was on her neck, trailing kisses down to her collarbone and then back up to the sensitive spot behind her ears. Angling her head, she curled her hand around his neck, no longer able to contain the thirst overflowing inside of her. It was as if she was a fountain that had been empty for too long and was now being blessed with not just any water, but holy water.

"You taste good too," she said.

He grunted and lifted her higher, bringing her legs completely around his waist. She loved his strong built and the hard lines of his chest. He was broad shouldered with a narrow waist that gave way to long muscular legs. In his arms she felt secure, she felt protected. It was weird to feel this way when she wasn't even sure that she liked the guy.