Chapter 26 - Double Threat

Xiomara strolled down the dirt street with a warm smile on her face. The bluest sky she'd ever looked upon graced the heavens above her. Golden sunlight kissed her skin and toasted her cheeks. Up ahead, a hen crossed the road accompanied by two adorable, yellow chicks.

As she walked, Omar flooded into her mind. Her smile got bigger.

Last night had gone way better than she'd expected. Her family had welcomed Omar with open arms. Her mother thought he was a true gentleman and the triplets thought he was the coolest. They admired the way he spoke in that deep, dark, rich tone, and they even said that they wanted to be like him when they grew up. Her sister Gianna had only commented on how tall and handsome he was. The other stuff didn't interest her. Esmeralda had been beyond ecstatic to meet him again. He had asked her a lot of questions about her vibrating, mucus thinning vest and she had been too happy to answer all of his questions.

Omar was naturally good with children, and didn't that make Xiomara's heart race with all kinds of feel-good sensations. She couldn't wait to see him again, to hear his thoughts about her family. She'd been so nervous to have him drive her home. So afraid of being judged by him. Instead he'd been nothing but kind and respectful.

His words to her in the parking lot of the utilities company came back at her: "I think you're afraid that something good might actually come out of this. That I might be here to stay."

The crazy thing was, she wanted that. That elusive, everlasting, forty-years plus relationship, and maybe Omar was just the guy she needed to make that happen. Or maybe it was just wishful thinking. She didn't know anyone in her circle who'd managed to stay together for a quarter of that time. So that kind of relationship had to be a myth, like fire breathing dragons and mermaids.

"Do you always walk with your head down?" a familiar voice asked.

Startled, she looked up just in time to see Omar unfold his long frame from the hood of his truck. He was dressed in normal business attire, blacks slacks and a white buttoned up shirt. Her heart kicked in her chest and for a short moment she couldn't breathe.

"What are you doing here?" She couldn't hide the hint of excitement in her tone even if she tried.

"Taking my woman to work," he said.

"You didn't have to." The heat burning her cheeks now had nothing to do with the sun.

"I wanted to."

She stopped in front of him and gazed up at him in admiration. He grinned at her and then leaned down to kiss her mouth. The instance their lips touched, fire ignited under her skin and she grew warm all over. However, the fire between her thighs was of a different kind entirely, a blazing hot inferno.

A desperate moan eased pass her throat. Omar's strong arms glided down her back to circle her waist, pulling her in tight against him. She felt him. Every hard, sexy inch of him. She loved how possessive his embrace was as his fingers dug into her sides. He held her like he never wanted to let her go.

So she kissed him like she never wanted to stop, teasing the outlines of his lips with her tongue. He moaned and crushed his mouth to hers, his tongue plunging in deep and taking back control. Her hands crawled up over his chest to hold on to his shoulders as he continued to seduce her with long lusty kisses.

"Fuck, baby," he said after pulling away. "Agh, I need a minute to cool off, unless you want to have sex in the back of my car."

Xiomara licked her lips and stared at him wide-eyed. Sex? In his car? Like in the movies? "We could..."

"Not happening." He shook his head at her. "It's not appropriate. The baby–"