Chapter Eighteen

I couldn't hide forever. I wanted to, but that would be cowardly. Hiding only confirmed everyone's suspicions that I was weak, and unstable.

But oddly, I was beginning to not care. So I called in sick.

"Yes, Mrs. Peters...I'm fine. Thank you....No, I should be back tomorrow. Yeah.....Yeah......Jonah will get it for me......Thank you again...........sure, bye..." I clicked the phone shut and Jonah watched me. It was seven thirty , which meant that he had to leave. I looked at him with sadness in my face...nothing but grief colored my heart. It was almost to heavy to bear....how I managed a smile, I don't know.

"Do you need me to stay?" He asked, stepping forward and taking me in his arms. I looked up at his brightly colored eyes and dark hair.

"I want you to....but you have school. I can't make you shack your responsibilities because I'm having a rough day. Come by later, though." I said sliding my arms up his chest and around his neck. He leaned into me.

"I want to stay, Melinda. All you need to say is 'stay with me'." I looked up at his eyes.

My head and heart were screaming, yes! Mel, you need him right now! Say yes! Say YES!!

"I want to...but you have school." I leaned up on my toes and his face decended down...Just a little closer. My lips grazed his just barely then I pulled away.

"Now, get out of my apartment." I said while giving him a shove towards the door. Two days in a row...this was beginning to look like a routine.

"Not fair Mel..." He said with a growl. I laughed and shut the door in his face.

I don't think today is going to be a bad day.

A/N Okay so this one is majorly short! And I'm sorry, this is really just a filler chapter to get things a little further ahead and to get us closer to the real fun which shall begin in chapter 19. and then proceed straight into twenty :) You won't be dissapointed, I promise, but again I am SO SORRY!

Thinking about the Sequel! Check the previous Chapter for details!