Yuko

May 31st, 2025

Dan's POV

~

I wake up to the sound of a BANG! against my bedroom wall. The other side of my bed is empty, Phil must have gotten up to make breakfast. It's been a year in our new house but it still feels so empty. That's when I remember, today's the day.

The day we go to the adoption centre!

I slowly walk up behind Phil with a cheeky smile to give him a scare. Oh my god, he's eating dry cereal right out of the box! Phil you little...

"Boo!" I whisper into his ear.

"I'm doing nothing! I'm completely innocent!!! I totally wasn't eating dry cereal right then..." That little liar...

"Well you're in big trouble.. I'm not sure if you're responsible enough to be a daddy..." I stare at him.

"Oh, well I guess I'm just gonna have to find someone who can be a daddy for me.."

I nuzzle my head in between his head and shoulder,

"You ready to go pick up Yuko?" I ask.

"I've never been more ready."

~

Phil's POV

She's even prettier than in the many photos we have seen. She has dark brown hair with beautiful hazel eyes. She's slender with a beautiful smile. She is quite outgoing yet quirky for a 5 year old, perfect for Dan and I. Actually, she kinda reminds me of Dan. Her sweet smile shines up at me while we fill out all the adoption papers. This moment right here, I could never be happier. Dan and I both have happy tears slowly falling out of our eyes as we finally sign the adoption papers. It's kinda funny explaining to the social worker that our main source of income is from making videos online... Oh well.. I can't wait to begin this new chapter in our lives, with Yuko.

~

Phil's POV

"So what should we name our daughter? I say we name her Buffy!"

"Phil, sadly we are not naming our child after a vampire slayer. Sadly, sorry. What about Yuko? She is half Japanese so that would be cute!" Yuko? That's a pretty name, I'll consider it. It needs to be perfect though.

"That's pretty! I'll put it on the list. We have to make sure her name is perfect. God, I feel like there is so much pressure when naming someone..."

"Ya I'm sure a lot of viewers have named their children after us or after Dil... Oh god, what if some of our viewers named their kids Dab... Phil what have we done to the world?!"

"I have no idea Dan, we have obviously changed a lot of peoples lives, and not in always 'positive' ways, if you know what I mean..."

-

After going through all of our final names: Yuko, Aria and Ailee are the ones we have left. We have invited Zoe and PJ over to help us choose once and for all. Zoe and Dan really like Yuko, PJ likes Aria and I like Ailee. This needs to be perfect. Maybe I should just get some sleep and we will decide in the morning. It's really getting late and I'm not in the right mindset to pick my daughters name at 2 in the morning...

-

I had an epiphany. We have to name our child Yuko. It's perfect. It represents our anime obsession without being too creepy. And she looks like a Yuko. I always thought she looked like an Ailee, but Yuko fits her perfectly. The social worker has said she's outgoing so it's a more unique name in England so she won't be one of those kids with multiple kids with the same name in school.

I wake Dan up and tell him about my epiphany. He gives me a sweet kiss and falls back asleep on my chest.

~

A/N: A nice short and sweet chapter for you guys!

Don't forget to leave your comments!

-Zoe