Christmas day

I Solemnly Swear 14

 {All characters, places, objects, spells, things, etc belong to J.K Rowling, apart from those which I have made up. I take no credit for anything J.K Rowling has created.}

Chapter 14:

"WAKE UP! WAKE UP! EVERYBODY WAKE UP! IT'S CHRISTMAS TIME!" Lyric and Torie were running through each dorm, waking everybody up.

"What's the time?" I asked sleepily, rolling over in my bed.

"Seven o'clock," Torie said excitedly,

"And I want my presents!"

"Wake me up in two hours," I mumbled into my pillow.

"Uh, no," Lyric said, pulling her wand out and dousing me with freezing cold water. I felt as if I had been dumped in the antarctic ocean.

"What the fuck was that for?" I asked, teeth chattering as I climbed out of bed.

"Now you have to get up," Lyric smiled like an angel at me and went to wake other people up. How rude.

While everyone was being woken up, I dried my hair with a towel, got dressed and put the presents at the end of my bed, as well as the ones I had bought for people, into a big bag. Then I collected up Lyric, Torie, Violet and Katerina; and dragged them all up into the sixth-year boys dormitory.

The two boys who shared the dorm with Fred, George and Lee were both leaving as we walked in. Lee was lying in bed, awake, and Fred and George were both still asleep.

"Presents!" Lee exclaimed as we walked in. He jumped out of bed and ran over to give me a big hug, pulling the sack of presents out of my hand as he did so.

I grinned as everyone sat on random beds and started to exchange gifts. I walked over to Fred's bed, where he lay on his side, looking like a sleeping angel. A peaceful expression was on his face and he lay with the sheets tangled around his waist. I silently thanked Quidditch as I took in his shirtless, toned torso. I climbed onto the bed behind him and leaned over him, my long hair creating a curtain around our faces.

"Wake up, sleeping beauty," I whispered in his ear, before placing a lingering kiss on his lips. I felt him smile against my mouth and I pulled away, sitting up again.

Fred rolled over and looked up at me with heavy lidded eyes, he grinned cheekily as I handed him a shirt.

"What, you don't want all your friends getting a glimpse of all this sexiness?" He asked with a smirk.

"Nope," I said, popping the 'p' and giving him a smile,

"You're all mine."

Fred chuckled and pulled me down on top of him, one hand around my waist and the other tangled in my hair as he  met my lips with his own. My hands immediately went into his sleep-mussed red hair, pulling him closer to me as we kissed.

"Woah, woah, woah. That's enough there, lovebirds, keep it PG-13," George said in an amused tone, throwing a pillow at Fred, who caught it and chucked it back.

"I know it's Christmas but at least wait till you're alone to 'celebrate'."

I pulled away from Fred, my cheeks burning. Fred just smirked and grabbed my hand, sitting up and snuggling me against him.

"Let's proceed with the presents!" I grinned, throwing presents at all of my friends.

Everyone unwrapped their presents in a matter of minutes, exclamations of happiness and surprise echoing throughout the room.

I had given everyone candy from Honeydukes, as well as a cute scarf for all the girls and some Zonkos products for the boys. I also gave Fred a vial of the skin colour-change potion Hermione helped me make.

I received mostly candy and joke products. Mum and dad had sent me a Honeydukes sampler package - with Drouble's Best-Blowing Gum, Fizzing Whizbees, Acid Pops, Liquorice Wands, Sugar Quills, Bertie Botts Every Flavour Beans, and a large block of chocolate. Mum also sent me some blue glass stilettos to go with my Yule Ball dress. Lyric gave me a large pack of Sugar Quills and some black jeans. Violet and Katerina gave me a combined present of an expensive looking necklace for the Yule Ball. Torie gave me a bag of Zonko's products, as did Lee. George gave me a cute purple shirt and Fred gave me a pair of small diamond earrings.

"These look real..." I trailed off, holding them in my hand.

"They are," Fred replied and then a look of worry crossed his face.

"Why? Don't you like them? I can always take them back and exchange them if you want different ones, I just thought that-" I cut his rambling off with a short but meaningful kiss on the mouth that I hoped portrayed my overwhelmed feelings of happiness.

"I love them," I smiled at my boyfriend gratefully.

"But how much did they cost? How did you get enough money to buy them? They look really expensive!"

Fred just grinned mysteriously at me,

"You are worth them, Eleanor," to which everyone in the room 'aww'ed, even me, although I did it mentally. I wrapped my arms around Fred's waist and buried my head in his chest, he hugged me back before pulling away and lacing our fingers together.

*****

Most of the morning was spent in Gryffindor tower, enjoying our presents. Lunch was a huge affair, including at least a hundred roast turkeys. In the afternoon, basically everyone except Hermione engaged in a massive snowball fight, but at 5 o'clock, all the girls went inside to get ready.

"What do you need three hours for?" Asked Ron incredulously.

"Some of us actually take time to look beautiful, Ron," I said with a laugh.

"You look beautiful all the time," Fred said, pulling me in for a quick kiss as I left.

Hermione, Ginny, Torie, Katerina and Violet came into mine and Lyric's dorm to get ready, after showering in their own dorms and bringing their belongings in.

We started with makeup, so we could tie our hair out of the way and not stain our dresses. Me and Violet helped Ginny and Hermione while everyone else did their own. Then Lyric - her face already dolled up with dark winged eyeliner, rosy pink cheeks and bright red lipstick - helped me with mine, applying waterproof eyeliner and mascara to my waterline and lashes, sparkling silver eyeshadow to my lids, peach blush to my cheeks and pale pink lipstick to my lips. Then I brushed a shimmering powder over my neck, shoulders and chest so my skin would sparkle above my dress.

Then I curled my hair, large ringlets falling over my shoulders and slightly smaller ringlets on the top layer of my hair. Lyric left her wavy, coloured hair natural, Kat kept her bouncy curls, Violet put her straight purple hair into a waterfall braid, Ginny curled a few ringlets into her straight hair and tied in in a side ponytail over one shoulder, Torie curled her hair and then brushed the ringlets out, so her dark hair fell in large, glossy waves. Everyone then helped Hermione apply an anti-frizz potion and straighten her hair, before Katerina - who was uncannily good at hair - twisted her hair up into an elaborate twisty-knot at the base of her neck.

Then it was time to put on our dresses. Everyone helped Ginny and Hermione first; Ginny into a strapless gold dress with a sparkling bodice and flowing skirt, and Hermione into a periwinkle blue dress with a sequinned silver spaghetti-strap bodice and flowing blue skirt. Ginny was wearing some gold heart studs and Hermione was wearing some blue crystal studs and a silver bangle inscribed with some quotes. They both wore simple ballet flats.

Finally everyone else was ready, too. Torie looked like a goddess in a white, one-shoulder dress with sparkly gold detail around the waist and neckline, and a thigh-high split up one side she wore a gold wrist-cuff and a golden anklet, both perfectly matching her gold heels.

Violet wore a long purple gown with ruffles and a split that revealed a darker purple underskirt. She had no jewellery at all and wore dark purple pumps.

Katerina looked stunning in a strapless, black, chiffon, mullet dress with a darker slip dress underneath that came to mid-thigh. There was a gold belt around the waist that matched Kat's golden chain necklace and gold pumps. She also had a small gold ring that had been given to her by her older brother and his wife as a thank-you gift for being a bridesmaid at their wedding.

Lyric looked bubbly and excitable as always - in a short dress with a strapless gold bodice and chiffon skirt with peacock feather patterning. Underneath was a plain black slip skirt. Lyric wore a bold bronze necklace with a large blue gem in the middle. She had sapphire teardrop earrings and some bronze bangles. She wore the highest heeled pumps I had ever seen in my life that were - somehow - peacock patterned.

I wore a long, strapless, coral-blue coloured dress with silver detailing on the bodice and a flowing skirt with a few ruffles. I wore the blue heels mum had sent me for christmas, along with the necklace I got from Vi and Kat, and the beautiful diamond studs from Fred. I had a plain silver bangle on each wrist.

Linking arms, we all walked out of the dorm and into the Gryffindor common room to meet our dates.

AUTHORS NOTE:

Hey guys!! Sorry it has been for ages and sorry that I said the Yule Ball would be in this chapter and it isn't, it's just that I forgot Christmas and I thought that the Yule Ball deserves its own chapter – because... Well, you'll find out ;)

So, yeah! I hope you liked this chapter, even though, in my opinion, it was kinda boring :P

Questions!!

1. What do you think happens at the Yule Ball?

2. What do you want to happen at the Yule Ball?

3. Who is your OTP from this story?