Chapter 1- Back To School

"RING RING, RING RING!" My new white iPhone 4S rang. I groaned then picked my phone up and turned the alarm off. Time for school... yay.

Honestly, I don't feel like going, but, that's not different from any other day! Today I have basketball practice though. One good thing cause I get out of 5th period, I guess. I should probably be happy to go back to school considering I just got back from being on tour for a month. A month without school is a really nice break!
I live in Kinnegad, Co. Westmeath, Ireland. I'm a famous touring singer known as the 'Irish Pop Princess', and I am 18 years old in my last year of high school.
When I was young, I started school late because of my birthday. It fell too early to enroll me in school so I had to wait a whole year to be enrolled. That's all in the past now... obviously.

I roll out of bed, humming a song. As I walk to my closet to get my basketball bag and uniform, my mom walks in and smiles at me.

"Good morning, sweetie. How was tour? You got home late, I didn't get to see you!" My mom, Colleen, says.
She went to bed by the time I got home but my sister, Brina, was still awake.. just laying in bed on her phone... boring.

"Uh, yeah. Tour was great! Had lots of fun! Do I have anything after school?" I ask my mom as I set my uniform on my bed.
My mom seems to tell me all these things and knows everything. I don't even know what I'm going to do, she'll just tell me the morning of and I'll just go with it.

"Yes, you need to come home, do your homework if you get any, then we are going to the studio for a meeting with another band about something." She smiles and I smile back.
I hope I don't have any homework though. But, I probably won't because I had a personal teacher go on tour with me so I could be caught up with everyone else in class. Plus, everyone wants to hang out with me ever since I went on my first tour, last summer. It gets kinda annoying cause you really don't know if they want to be your friend or not. To make things worse, I'm on the school basketball team, if you haven't figured that out yet. I was popular before I started singing and now I'm even more popular. It just doesn't feel like I get enough space.
The beginning of this year, I had to be taught in a different classroom with only a few friends so I wasn't completely alone but, the school did that because when I was at my locker more and more people were stopping and just blocking me pretty much. I'm claustrophobic so.. it was bad. Lets just say, I almost cried.

"Okay. I'll be downstairs in a couple minutes." I say then my mom smiles and leaves, closing the door behind her so I start to get ready.

After putting my uniform on, I go to the bathroom connected to my room and brush my teeth. Then, I pull my hair back into a high ponytail and put a hairband in. I put on light makeup, deodorant, and some perfume then I go downstairs to get breakfast. When I go downstairs Brina is watching a soccer game.

"Who's playing?" I ask as I get my backpack together.
"Aston Villa vs Liverpool." Brina states and Liverpool gets a goal.
"Cool. Well, see ya after school!" I smile then get all my stuff for school and eat breakfast then leave.

I walk to my car and put my bags in the trunk then get in the car. I drive to my friend's house, who is also on the basketball team, to go to school with me. I pull up to her house and text her. Minutes after, she walks out of her house wearing the basketball uniform. She puts her bags in the backseat then sits in the passenger seat next to me.

"Hey! How was tour?" Caycee smiles while putting her seat-belt on.
"It was awesome; so much fun! How was the first game on Friday?" I ask as I start driving to school.
"Great! We won; 12-7. It was a close game!" She laughs and I say, "Sounds like it!"

Then we continue talking about tour and what has happened new at school; just catching up.
After about 20 minutes, we get to school and see the rush of kids going inside. I park the car then we get out and I open the trunk and Caycee gets her bags from the backseat. As we start to walk up to the school, a couple of people start following us and take pictures of us. Caycee and I look at each other and sigh then walk to our lockers, which are right next to each other.