Chapter 16- Mr. Caraway

*Alice's POV*

"I swear to God if Adam steps even one foot near Sierra, I will hunt him down and kill him with my own hands faster than you can even blink." I grunt through my grinding teeth.

Our new bodyguard nods at me and says, "Yes ma'am. If you're not feeling safe then I don't feel safe. You girls can trust me with your lives."
"What are your credentials?" Niall asks him.

We should really be playing a good cop / bad cop angle on him but we're really only playing a bad cop / bad cop on him. He should be tough enough to deal with us though.

"Sir, I am very qualified for this operation. I have been on a SWAT Team and have worked closely with the Secret Service before. I also have 3 Purple Hearts when I was deployed over seas." He reassures us.

I lean over to Niall and whisper, "what's a Purple Heart?"
"It's when you've been wounded in battle." He explains.

I gasp and turn to the man, "Oh my gosh! You've been wounded 3 times at war? Are you okay?"

He kind of chuckles and nods his head.

Harry joins in on the conversation when he overhears our discussion of being wounded in war. "You know, when I was in the movie, Dunkirk -"

"Harry shut up. You literally filmed the boat scene in a swimming pool. It was just zoomed up to your face so the audience couldn't tell."

He makes a face at us and walks away mumbling something under his breath.

"Well, anyway. I think you are the perfect fit for our team Mr. Caraway. We'll be in touch." Honor smiles showing him out of the office.

Once they leave the room I smile and turn to Niall. "I think Sierra will feel really safe with me, you, and now this guy on tour. And of course, no more Adam."

"I don't even know what I would do if I saw him. I think I would seriously kill him. After what he's done to my baby." Niall shakes his head staring at the ground.

"I know. It's hard to even think about that night again. Even I have nightmares about it. I can't even imagine how it is for Sierra. I just wish I could've been there. It's my fault. I shouldn't have left her alone knowing the risk of something bad happening." I say barely above a whisper but somehow Niall still heard me.

"Look, Alice, none of what happened had anything to do with you. Adam was just a psychopath - a loose cannon. No one could have prevented it. It was going to happen. Sometimes evil things just happen." Niall explains to me. 

"I'll just feel better once he's finally put away in prison where he belongs."

"I think all of us will."

*Sierra's POV*

I continue to run but I don't move; no matter how hard I try. He starts to catch up to me. I start to sweat. I start to scream but no one can hear me. No one can help me.

I gasp awake crying profusely again. Niall comes running in the room but trips and falls over something in the doorway. I stop crying and giggle to myself a bit.

"At least you know how to make a girl stop crying." I shrug laughing.
He sighs and laughs too then sits at the end of my bed.
"Another nightmare?"

I look up at him and slowly nod yes. I don't know how to deal with these anymore. Maybe I should go to a sleep therapist to help me. I can't keep living like this.

"Was it the same as last time?" He asks grabbing my hand gently.
I nod. "It's always the same. Ever since that night." I add, "I think it's time. I think it's time for me to just go to therapy. I can't deal with my mind going crazy anymore. I feel like I wanna just get rid of it. Like I want it to be a story I don't have to tell. Be a story that no one has to tell."

Niall starts to tear up and brings me into his arms. "I'm so sorry baby. I wish I could take it away from you. I wish I could take away your pain. If I could, I would suffer through anything for you if it meant you didn't have to."

I wipe away his tears and gently kiss his face all over. "I love you so much Niall. Never forget that."
"I love you too Sierra. You never forget that."