Chapter 15- Ready?

*Alice's POV*

My 18th birthday is coming up soon. I'm happy because I'm finally in the process of moving out of my parents house. I'll still be in school but fortunately with tour, we have a teacher that goes with us. I might do that or I could just do online classes. I'm still figuring things out.

I pick up my phone and decide to call Sierra to see how she's doing.

The phone starts to ring and she picks up right away.
"Hey Alice!" She giggles.
"Hey Sierra. Um.. Are you okay? You seem overly happy right now?"

"Niall came over and I feel better now. I realized just because of what happened, I can't spend my whole life dwelling on it. I need to spread awareness."
"I'm glad that you're feeling this way."

"I'm glad that you're glad."
"And I'm glad that you're glad I'm glad."
"Okay. We could do this forever." Sierra laughs.

"Is it weird that I'm really in the recording vibe right now? Like damn." She adds.
"First things first is you need to chill out. I'll call Honor and we'll go into the studio today and start working on the next album." I answer.

"Alright. Text me the deets later."
"Okay. Oh. By the way.. What drugs did you take?"

"I mean, all of them?" She laughs joking.
"Haha. Sure. I'll text you. Bye."

I hang up the phone feeling content with our conversation.

I knew that after a couple of days she would start feeling better. With what happened though, the emotional scar of it will be there forever sadly. If time is what she needs to heal, then that's what she's going to get. But, shes telling me that she already wants to record again so I guess either having a couple days off let her heal a little or seeing Niall cheered her up.
Either way, she's all happy now and that's all that really matters.

I decide to text Honor and see if we could go into the studio in about 2 hours. I would go now, but I'm exhausted and need a little nap.

I start to walk upstairs to change into some sweats then hear my phone ding.
I look down and it's a text from Honor.
Wow. That was quick.

Honor: "Sure. As long as Sierra is feeling okay with it, it's fine. Have you talked to her?"

I change into my sweats after reading it then answer with: "Yeah, I just got off of the phone with her. She said that she saw Niall and she realized that she shouldn't dwell on what happened. Instead, she's in the music writing vibe and wants to spread awareness."

Honor: "oh that's good to hear! I'm happy she's doing well. But, yeah, we can meet at the studio in 2 hours. See you girls then"

I sigh in relief and decide to take a little nap before going. An hour should do the trick.
I crawl into bed and slowly drift asleep.

___________________

My alarm goes off as I groan waking up from my nap.
I grab my phone and turn off the alarm song, She Looks So Perfect. I've slowly stopped liking the song because I have it as my alarm but it's still catchy so oh well.

I get out of bed and start getting ready. I've actually been working on some new music lately that I'm excited to show Sierra.

I forgot to text her before my nap but I'll just tell her that we'll meet up there in an hour.

An hour passes by of me getting ready and I grab my car keys as I head out the door.

Ugh. I'm happy to be home but I miss the feeling of being on tour already. The rush you get hearing the crowd cheer for you to come on stage. When everyone sings a song you wrote and puts their phone light up swaying along to the beat. It's nothing you could trade in the world for.

I arrive to the studio and take the elevator upstairs. Damn stairs are still being fixed.

I walk in and see Sierra already recording something. I smile and wave at her through the glass.
"Hey Gary. What's she recording?"
Gary is the guy that controls the recording equipment. He's kinda old; already starting to get some white hair.

"A new song I'm supposing. She didn't really say much. The only instructions I got from her was 'start rolling this shit Gary. I'm on a roll.' " He laughs.
"Well, there's the Sierra I know."

I put my things down and open the door to the recording room. She waves and takes off her headphones.
"Hey Alice."
"Hey. How're you-" she cuts me off.
"I'm fine. Really, I'm fine. I-I have a little bit of news however."

I give her a questioning look waiting for the news.
"Since all of this has been going on, I don't really feel very safe. I mean why would I? Considering they are still debating if Adam will continue the tour with us-" now I cut her off.

"Wait.. what? They still don't know if they want to kick him off the tour? Are you kidding me?"

"I know. It's complete bullshit really. I think Honor is dealing with that today so, poor Honor. Eh, she can handle anything. She's a super manager." She smiles.
I like to see her smile. It makes me happy knowing she has somewhat a peace of mind.

"Sorry, don't want to get off track. Anyway, what were you saying about not feeling very safe and everything?"
"Well, big news. Um, Niall is still trying to figure this out with his manager and everything but we're thinking that he can come to the rest of the tour with us!"

"Oh wow! That'd be great Sierra! Maybe if I don't completely kill Adam if he goes on the rest of tour, Niall can." I smile.

"But wait! There's more!" She says like advertisers do in commercials.
"Niall and I are going to move in together after tour is over! I know that, well, I'm still not even done high school and everything yet but, I mean, I am already 18 and-" I cut her off and hug her.
"Sierra, I think that's a wonderful idea. I know Niall will always keep you feeling safe, protected, and loved. He's perfect for you. And honestly, by far the best boy you've ever dated." I laugh at the end.

"Well, thank you Alice. That means a lot."

We hug for a second then decide to actually start on making the music. This album will be the best one yet. I just know it.