Grievance

It had been only a month after you had been buried when the sightings started. Reports of assassinations of government officials and important individuals had skyrocketed, but no evidence was left behind for any accusations to be made. Bruce and Tim had suspicions that a new assassin has surfaced, taking on the League of Shadow's missions to rid the world of unfavorable individuals. Damian had suspicions of his own, but his father would say that it was Damian only trying to bring you back. He had analyzed the crime scenes and saw different techniques, including his own. He would have contacted Jason to help him, but your brother had disappeared after your funeral. Jason left without a trace, not leaving a note or anything to indicate where he was going or what he was going to do. Bruce explained that he was grieving your death different from the others, but Damian knew something was off. He knew that Jason had a reason to disappear, but he couldn't piece together what is was.  He pulled out his cellphone and decided that calling Roy would at least ease some of his doubt.

"Hello?"

"Harper, it's Damian. I want to know if you have been in contact with Todd recently," Damian stated.

Roy sighed, "Kid, I haven't seen him in a few weeks.  The last time I saw him he packed some necessities and said he'd be gone for a while. If you really want to talk, stop over at my apartment."

"I will see you in a few hours," Damian said and hung up the phone, not giving Roy a chance to say goodbye.

Damian clutched his phone and looked at his photograph of you. You were asleep by his side on the couch when you fell asleep watching the movie Dick had chosen to educate you with. You instantly hated it and decided that falling asleep would be a good excuse to not watch it. Damian smiled at the memory and shoved his phone in his pocket. He grabbed his coat and traveled down to the Bat Cave. He knew that using the Zeta-Tube would be the quickest way to travel to Star City, but his father would know where he was going. At that moment, he didn't really care. He had been holed up at the manor ever since you had been killed, and now was an excellent time to get off of his ass and put his life back together.

--------------

Sorry for the shortness, but I really wanted to get the first chapter out.  I really hate to keep you guys waiting.