Chapter 1

The cold cave woke me up with a start. I sat up, shivering.  I looked over at Katy. She was still asleep. My mind went back to that memory. It was my 18th birthday today. And that memory came back to me, the worst day of my life i had relived. Katy was 12 then. Now shes 27. I wiped my face off. And remember  the look my mother had when she died still glued onto my mind. Why? Why had this dream came back to me?  Something in my mind had awoken, Wanting me to see this for some reason. Avery, Thomas, and Michael were still asleep in the far edge of the cave. Avery is 19 and a little obnoxious, but his story makes up for it. His parents and family were slaughtered in front of his eyes. He ran away and found me and kathy here a year after the murder of my mother.His hair was blonde and he had brown eyes.Thomas and Michael were twin refugees, they were new. Thomas Had raven black hair and striking green eyes with a creamy tan along  with his brother Michael.They were 20 and 1/2. I have no idea why they joined us, but Kathy had no problem with them. So i didn't care. But There was a wolf problem around here. But Katy said it was okay. It really didn't bother me anymore. I  don't know why though.I got up and felt someone behind me. I turned and blushed. "hi, Avery....." He Smiled like the grinch. "happy 18th B-day Lex!!!" He hugged me. I flared instantly. "Um..... Thanks" He bscked up. Katy and the twins came up.Thomas Snorted. "Birthday brat."He laughed." Just kidding." Katy pulled my arm. "Come on Guys, lets tell her." She said waving them toward us. When we were in the woods far from the cave, the twins excused themselves. Me and Katy started talking. I pushed her playfully. "So..." I giggled."What were You gonna tell me?" She hollered for the twins. She scratched her head. "where are they?They're late." I laughed until i saw a black wolf with an identical black one with a brown splotch on its paw. I gave it my best girl scream and fell to the floor, looking blankly into their eyes. I gulped. Katy looked at me and shrugged. "well. Didn't see that coming."