Chapter 10

Brody's POV

I am at the hospital right now with Nicole's parents, the doctor is inside with Nicole checking if she is alright. Later, the doctor called us in. We went in and to my relief the doctor said "There is nothing wrong with Nicole."

We sighed of relief but the doctor said "Although, there is something wrong with her psychologically."

"What do you mean psychologically?" Mr.Martin asked.

"It seems like she is scared of something, has she suffered something terrifying recently?" The doctor asked.

"Well, she was kidnapped recently and she got a really bad nightmare yesterday." Mrs. Martin replied.

"That is it then, she is scared of that." The doctor said.

"What can we do to stop that?" Mrs.Martin asked.

"I suggest that you do not leave her alone for at least a few weeks and that you get her to a good psychologist." The doctor said.

Once we came out of the room Mr.Martin asked "What are we going to do, we have to got to Canada because of our work and Nate leaves to Australia tomorrow for university?"

"I don't know Mark." Mrs.Martin said.

"Mr. and Mrs.Martin, if it is okay with you Nicole can stay in my house until you come back, she can sleep with Amelia in her room." I said.

"Brody, that is very kind of you to offer but we don't want to cause you and your family any trouble." Mr.Martin said.

"It will be no trouble, my family really likes Nicole and as for the psychiatrist, my aunt Alicia is a psychiatrist."

"Brody, I don't know." Mrs.Martin hesitated.

"It won't be a problem, I promise she will be alright." I tried to persuade them.

"Fine, but first talk to your parents about this." Mr.Martin.

I nodded.

***********************************************************************************************

At Nicole's house,

We are back from the hospital Nicole is in her room sleeping, while I am downstairs talking to her parents.

"Did you talk to your aunt? What did she say?" Mrs.Martin asked.

"Yes I did talk to her, she said she will be happy to help Nicole." I replied

"That is great, I was a little worried about Nicole getting a psychiatrist but I am a little relieved now knowing that she is related to you." Mr.Martin said.

"I am getting a psychiatrist?" We all turned to see Nicole walking down the stairs.

"Sweetie, you're up, would you like to have some juice?" Mrs. Martin asked trying to change the subject.

"Mom, don't try to change the subject, why am I going to a psychiatrist?" Nicole said.

"Honey, you fainted in the park, the doctor thinks that it is better that you see a psychiatrist, and honestly because of the nightmare you had last night, I agree with him." Mr.Martin said.

"So you just assumed that I am going crazy." Nicole said as tears came out of her eyes and she stormed up to her room.

I said "I will go talk to her." as I went upstairs.

I knocked on Nicole's door and she shouted "Go away!!"

I ignored that, opened the door and went inside.

I sat next to her on her bed and held her hand she asked "Do you think I am crazy?"

"Of course not." I said.

"Then, why are you making me go to a psychiatrist?"

"Because, we know you are scared, we know that you are getting flashbacks from when Jake kidnapped you, and I do not want to see you so scared."

Nicole stared into my eyes for a while and then laid her head on my chest and hugged me very tight and said "I am very scared Brody, I keep on thinking about what happened, how much he tortured me."

"Wait, what do you mean he tortured you? What did he do?" I asked.

She took a deep breath and said "He would tell me that he will let me out if I agree to be his girlfriend and if I said no he would hit me."

When she said that I hugged her even tighter, honestly right now I just wanna kill that monster.

"There is something else I need to tell you," I said "the doctor said that it is better if you are not alone for a while and so your parents and I decided that it will be better if you live in my house for a while since your parents and brother are going to be away for a while, so you could sleep in Amelia's room and it will be easier so we can go to my aunt's clinic together."

"That sounds great, but I don't want to trouble your family."

"It is no trouble at all, they love you remember."

She smiled at me.