Amelia

A month has gone by so fast. Well it's been more than month, I argue with myself mentally. I don't really know. Time just flies around my new friends, well roommates. Really, it's like one big happy family. Though we aren't actually related.

I sat on the stool at the kitchen island wiping my glasses as Julian passes out the pancakes he just made. "Hey there, little Capricon." Calder pats me on my back and I slip my glasses on to look at him better. He is dressed as fashionably as always. I know him and his brother Maxwell don't get along well, and that's a shame because they are the most fashionable people I know. I'm sure that if they were seen walking around campus together they would give all the girls heart attacks.

"I see you are chipper this morning." Justice says as she picks up three plates of pancakes and goes to the kitchen table. Amnisty is making a smiley face with the whip cream on her pancake and Leyla is scolding her. Mason is chewing with his mouth open and Maxwell offers him a suggestive remark about how he can close Mason's mouth for him. Ashlyn is just off in her cold world.

"Aren't you going to eat?" I ask Ashlyn. She just shrugs. Justice gives a plate of pancakes to Leyla and Maxwell who both thank her.

"Our little Aquarius is trying a new diet." Calder says as he sits next to me. I nod my head and dig into my pancake. Clader says he's not hungry, but I see him take a couple bits of pancakes off of my plate and eat them when he thinks I'm not looking.

"Well, time for school!" Calder announces once everyone is done eating. "Who is riding with me and who is going with Maxwell?" He asks as he grabs him coat near the door. It's the middle of Fall and the weather is starting to get cold. Sometime I feel bad for Calder. Everyone seems to like his brother more than him.

"We'll go with you." Amnisty and Leyla put on their coats. That's strange. I would think Leyla would want to go with her boyfriend. They've only been dating for a month and already it seems the honeymoon is over. I've noticed how disappointed Leyla has been since she started dating Julian. I wonder...

I notice that everyone has already went outside. "Don't forget about me!" I quickly slip on my coat and go to catch up with the others. Everyone else is going with Maxwell, I note as I get in the back seat of Calder's car. Poor Calder.

****

It's lunch time now. I checked a calendar. "One month two weeks and three days." I mutter as I eat my salad.

"What?" Calder looks at me.

I shake my head. "I'm sorry. I was thinking out loud. That's how long I have been living with you guys."

Calder smiles. "Let's go out this weekend and do something to celebrate. What do you say, Am?" He turns to look at her. Amnisty nods her head as she takes a bite of an apple.

"Great. Where should we go?" I ask.

Mason stands and declares, "Laser tag!" I jump a little. I forgot he was sitting next to me. He had been so quietly eating.

Calder smiles. Amnisty shakes her head enthusiastically. I don't want to be the only one left out. I say, "Sounds like a great idea." I would rather be home reading a book.

"Everyone can chip in and help pay for it too." Calder says and takes a sip of his soda. So I guess that's that, I think as I finish my salad.

"I'm going to class early." I announce as I stand up. I walk away swiftly and dump my tray.

I'm not very fast. And my accuracy is really terrible. Maybe I should just say I'm sick that day. I don't really want to go play laser tag with everyone. But I don't want to get left out either. And I already said I would go, I thought to myself nervously.