Cassidy

"Argh! I can't believe that jerk!" My brother Quinn yelled in frustration as he walked through the door.

I sat on the sofa watching the news. Putting it on mute, I asked, "Are you talking about that Lysander guy again?"

Lysander. He was Leyla's older brother that mysteriously came back to school after winter break. Lysander was only an inch taller than me, no where near the height of my brother, but he still had this deadly aura around him. His black hair and red eyes scared away most. There was just something about the way Lysander carried himself that made you want to stay away from him.

"Yes! That damn bastard. I hate him." Quinn grumbled some more as he sat next to me on the sofa.

Last week, Quinn and Amnisty had gotten in an argument that resulted in a week's worth of detention. Quinn insisted it had something to do with that crook Lysander. I merely thought Quinn was just being jelly.

I poked his cheek. "It's not like you can do anything about him."

My brother clenched his hands into fists. "Still, I want to beat the hell out of him."

I sat back on the sofa. I've never seen my brother so mad before. Is this all because of that girl Amnisty? How special must she be? We have the same taste in women, so she must be extra yummy. Making up my mind, I decided I shall meet this Amnisty.

****

The next day at lunch, I hung around the entrance and waited for Amelia. I haven't seen her around school lately. Does she still remember me? Suddenly I spotted Amelia holding hands with some girl with purple hair and silver eyes. I approached them silently.

Clearing my throat, I introduced myself. "Hey, Amelia. Do you remember me?"

Amelia smiled. "Yes. Cassidy, right?"

The girl that Amelia's hand was holding stiffened up beside her. She gave me a once over with those silver eyes then pretended to not care. I'm used to the jealous looks at this point, so I continue the conversation. "I'm looking for a girl named Amnisty. My brother mentioned that you guys might know where to find her."

"Amnisty?" The girl spoke up. "What do you want with my friend?"

Over-protective much? "Well, I hear so much about Amnisty. I just wanted to meet her and see what she's like."

Another girl, who I have no idea how I missed, giggled softly to herself. Calder, I vaguely remember hanging out with him, jabbed the girl in her side. "Oh, shut up." She told Calder off then smiled over at me. I felt a chill run down my spine when she looked at me with her strikingly violet eyes. "I'm Justice. And trust me, Amnisty isn't worth your time. She's a goofball."

Calder seemed a bit upset by that. "She can be, but she's super nice and kind." He told Justice then turned to me. "Amnisty is working on a class project with my brother and another friend of ours. She's just helping out. You can find her in building B, third floor, room 202."

Nodding my head to Calder I said thank you before hurrying off. I guess people have mixed emotions on this Amnisty character. She can't just be nice or a goofball. No way would that make my brother have a crush on her. There has to be something more to her.

****

When I opened the door the first person to catch my eye was a beautiful goddess. She was easily six feet tall with long, curly strawberry blonde hair that fell perfectly around her curvaceous body. That must be Amnisty! And she's totally my type. I hope Quinn doesn't mind if I steal her from him.