Chapter 14

Cynthia POV

It was a long day. Aiden was annoying me, but it was actually nice to have someone around after a long time. He didn't invite me over to his lunch table, which I am actually grateful for. I was actually in the library during lunch. It was nice and quiet there. No Aiden, and no one to bother me.

After school was over, I walked home. As you could tell by my tattoo, I cannot live without music. Music is life. I took out my earphones, and put them in my ears. I turned on the music, to listen to my favorite songs, and some recordings. I know, I always listen to recordings, they never get old.

I miss Mother, and even if she left Earth a while ago, she would never leave me. She is still there, somewhere, looking down at me, maybe even hearing what I think. I wonder what it's like to be in heaven.

I started humming to the tune of the song, that Mother sang to me when I couldn't sleep. After I became old enough that I could sleep on my own, she would sing it to Michael. He doesn't know, but he would be very possessive of Mother. If I was with her, and he saw, he would crying, and bawling until I leave the room. The memory of it makes me laugh.

Right then, I got a call. I looked at the Caller ID to see that it was Aiden. I smiled, and pressed Answer.

"Hello?"

"You have a nice voice, you know, when you sing." I gasped. No one should hear my voice. Just Michael and I. I looked around to see if he was there. "Don't look around. You won't see me."

"How did you know that I was singing, and that I was looking around?"

"I have my ways."

"You weren't supposed to hear my voice."

"Well I did." I got fed up, and I hung up on him. Well, that did the trick.

I picked up Michael on the way, and we came home. I saw that Aiden was home too.

"It's rude to hang up people who are complimenting you. You shouldn't have done that." Aiden said.

"Well, I did." I replied. "Michael, you do your homework. I will be with Aiden for some time. We have something very important to do."

"What do we have to do?"

"Your forgot about the competition? What a shame." I said.

"Oh yeah. I was so confident, that I forgot about it."

"Well, I'm going to go and get changed. You can too, if you you want to, although you like fine in this."

I went upstairs to get changed. I looked around the closet, to see what I could wear. At the end, I just chose what was comfortable for me, actually, what I would usually wear for a workout.

 At the end, I just chose what was comfortable for me, actually, what I would usually wear for a workout