Chapter 22

Kyle POV

Once again. Cynthia tries to wake me up. I slightly open my eyes to see that Michael is sleeping at my side. She folds the blankets. I tried to feel comfortable even without the blankets, although it didn't work.

"Come on, get up, Kyle!" She yelled.

"Stop yelling! You're ruining my sleep!"

"You idiot! That's the point!"

She suddenly grabbed my ankles with a tight grip, and dragged me out of the bed. Stupid me, still trying to be able to sleep, I slept on the floor. I don't care if I sleep on the cold hard floor. I just want to sleep. Right then, I felt a cold liquid wet my hair, and go down my shirt. My eyes bolted open, to only glare daggers at Cynthia.

"Why the hell did you pour ice cold water on me?"

"Why are you not waking up?"

"I'll get you."

I ran towards her, and tried to tackle her to the ground. She grabbed my arm, and flipped me. Here I am, on the floor, groaning, and rolling on the floor in pain.

"Goddamn it! How are you this strong?"

"I've been taking karate classes for a while now. Of course you don't know, because you don't care to call, or text me. Like one email a year, but who still uses email right now? Yeah?"

"I'm sorry. I was getting caught up in school projects. Mostly group projects."

"Even in the summer?"

"Come on."

"The last time you talked to me was two years ago. Two years ago, on Christmas Day."

"I was busy."

"And I'm not? You know what? We'll continue this argument later. Go on. Get ready for school." She gave me a hand, and I got up.

"What are you going to do?"

"I have to stay home, and watch Michael. He's sick."

I walked into the bathroom to get ready. I brushed my teeth, and took a shower. As soon as I got dressed, I went downstairs to have breakfast, which was the usual. Pancakes, with maple syrup, and orange juice. I grabbed a plate of pancakes, and a fork. I started eating fast, faster than I usually do. It's probably because I didn't eat enough for dinner. I was starving right now. I don't understand how Cynthia isn't hungry in the morning. She barely eats anything.

After I ate breakfast, I placed the plate gently in the sink, and went to my backpack, to just double check if I had everything. Computer, check. Textbooks, check. Water bottle, check. Lunch, check. Snack, check. Money, check. Folder, check. And fiction book, check. The only type of books that I read, is fiction. Nonfiction is just so, I don't know. It just had too much information. What if I had to live with nonfiction books all the time? I shuddered at the thought.

"Hey, Kyle!" I looked to see that it was Aiden, coming down the stairs with his backpack in his arms.

"Good morning, Aiden."

"Good morning."

"You seem really happy?"

"Sure, you could say that. It's just that I'm really happy that today is Wednesday. We could play dodgeball in PE." We play dodgeball every Wednesday.

"Well, I don't think that you won't be happy since Cynthia isn't coming to school today."

"Why?"