Chapter 20

Cynthia POV

Waking up, I see a sleeping Aiden. I started at him, I don't know why, but I just did. I decided to close my eyes, and sleep for some time. After all, it is Sunday. I snuggled towards my heat source, which was Aiden, and I relaxed into his arms. I wish I could just stay like this.

I slept for, God knows how long, until I felt my phone buzzing. I took my phone from the nightstand next to me, and I checked to see what it was. Oh, just a stupid notification from Dictionary.com, about the Word of the Day. I don't need to wake up in the morning to see a new word in front of my eyes.

I was about to put my phone back on the nightstand, until I saw something familiar. The date. Today, it would become five years. Five years since Mother died. Memories started to come back, but I controlled myself to not cry. Right then, Aiden woke up. He opened his eyes, to look at me.

His eyes are one of the things that could make me smile. The color of his eyes. They are just, so, beautiful. The best shade of green there is in the world. I love his eyes, as well as him.

"Good morning, princess."

"Good morning, knight in shining armor, I guess." He chuckled.

"Why not prince?"

"Why not knight in shining armor?"

"Never mind. Let's try something else. You are my Nala."

"You are my Simba."

"You are my beauty."

"And you are my beast."

"You are my Jasmine."

"And you are my Aladdin."

"You are my princess."

"And you are my frog?" I asked confused. "Oh, yeah. You could be a frog. After all, you have green eyes, and a frog is green, so it only makes sense."

"Seriously? Do I look like a frog to you?"

"No, but you do have soft skin like a frog." I rubbed the back of my fingers over his shoulder to feel his skin. He skin is so soft. "Your skin is so soft. What do you do?"

"I really don't do anything, really. I've always been like this."

"So, no special creams, or lotions, or anything like that?"

"Nope. I'm all natural."

"Wow. That is so cool."

"How is that cool?"

"I don't know. It just is."

"Well, that's interesting to know."

"I don't know about you, but I'm going to go, right now."

I got out of bed, and stood up. I decided to take some time to stretch, and have some time to just stand. I took the hair tie out of my hair, to tie it into a loose bun. I was about to take a step forward, until I felt two arms wrap around my waist, and pull me back into the bed. I shrieked, and felt my back plop onto the bed.

OOF!

I look up to see a smirking Aiden, who was shirtless. My eyes unconsciously trail down, to look at his abs. After a few moments, I realized what I was looking at, and I blushed. I covered my face, and dared not to look at Aiden. I heard him chuckling at my flustered state, which made me blush even more.

"Did you see something that you liked?"

"Shut the fuck up, Aiden!" I said.

"Come on. I know that my wife found something that she obviously did like. Stop lying."