Chapter 23

Aiden's POV

I looked at Cynthia, as she was sleeping peacefully. I just love how she is so cute and peaceful while she sleeps. It's interesting how she doesn't move, or she doesn't even stir when she sleeps. Her eyes just flutter open, and she smiles.

I picked her up, bridal style, while Michael was in her arms, and went up the stairs. I carried her into our bedroom, and gently placed her on the bed. I put the covers over Cynthia's and Michael's bodies.

I sat down on the bed and moved the few strands of hair that were on her face. I leaned down to her and kissed her lips. They were so soft. The softest thing that I could ever feel against mine. Even softer than marshmallows. They tasted like, ice cream. Cookies and Cream in particular. Since when did we have Cookies and Cream Ice Cream at home?

I broke the kiss, and looked down at her. Her eyes fluttered open, like they usually do, and she smiled.

"Hi." She said groggily. "Came home from school so fast?"

"Fast? I couldn't stop thinking about you." She giggled, and sat up.

She held her arms out, as she asked for a hug. Even if she didn't say it verbally, I knew that she wanted a hug. She placed her chin on my shoulder, as mine fit perfectly into the crook of her neck. I inhaled her scent. Lavender, and Roses. It's so sweet, and floral. I know that she doesn't use perfume. I know that Cynthia uses essential oils. It makes it smell better, and it's healthier.

"I know." She started. "I missed you too."

She broke the hug, and looked at me, lovingly. My cheek was cupped by her hand. She caressed my cheek with her thumb. I held her small, fragile hand, and placed a kiss on her palm. I pulled her closer to me, and placed her on my lap. I couldn't hold it back anymore.

I leaned down, and captured her lips with mine. She froze. I waited a few seconds, although she didn't respond. Right when I was about to pull away, her hand went behind my head, as she slightly pulled on my hair, and brought me back into the kiss. I grabbed her waist, and pulled her impossible closer to me. Smirking through the kiss, I cupped her cheek. I swept my tongue over her bottom lip, asking for entrance. She opened her mouth, and my tongue explored every corner of her mouth. Our tongues danced together, all different dances. I sealed the kiss, by pressing mine against hers before we both pulled away, and looked at each other in the eye. She was biting her lip, and looked at me.

"I never want to stop." I said, resting my forehead on hers. She closed her eyes, and was breathing heavily. I was taking in deep breaths, too. I looked at Cynthia. She opened her eyes to look up at me. She leaned into my chest, so that her ear was placed on the left side of my chest, as if she was trying to listen to my heartbeat.

"I want to stay like this forever. In your arms. I feel so safe, and happy. So safe, that I know no one is going to mean to me anymore. So happy, that I have someone like you, to take care of me. Thank you, for coming into my life. This is the happiest I've been in such a long time. Thank you so much." I hesitated before saying something. It was the truth. I just had to let it out.

"Cynthia, you deserve someone better. All this time, from the day I met you, to the day we got married, I bullied you so much. You suffered because of me. I don't want you to suffer more."

"Suffer? What are you talking about? That was the past. Now, we stepped into a new life, and we are going to start a new life together. You don't know how happy I am to have you at my side, Aiden. You are the best thing that has ever happened to me. You know me. I used to get suicidal thoughts. I wanted to leave this world. But Michael, was the one who kept me alive. Kyle too. I didn't die, because I would also think of what would happen to Michael, and Kyle. Now, that I have you with me, I have another reason to live. I could see it, in your eyes, that you want to be with me. I can't just ignore that. I want to live with you. Be with you. Be yours for eternity. I won't let you go. And I won't let anyone take your spot."