Chapter 15

Cynthia POV

I giggled. I just think that it's so cute that Aiden really wanted to hang out with me, and actually made up an excuse, just to hang out with me. I can't believe that! He's actually someone who would want to hangout with me after I moved here, other than Aanya.

"What are you laughing at?" Michael asked me.

"Nothing. It's just a joke that I remembered."

"What is it?"

"You won't understand."

"Okay, fine." He went back to finishing his homework. "I finished."

"Okay, give that to me." He handed me a piece of paper. I checked everything over. "Good job, Michael. You are done."

"Could I go and play some games?"

"You are free to go."

"Thank you so much!" He kissed my cheek and went to his room. I laughed at his childishness. Of course, he is still a child, but it looks cute.

Suddenly, I felt hands cover my eyes.

"Aiden, I know it's you."

"This is terrible." He said. "How do you know?"

"Common sense. You're the only person who is actually taller than me. In this house, at least."

"True."

"You know, you are pretty dense, sometimes."

"Hey, I'm not that dense."

"But you still are a little dense."

"No one could argue about that." I laughed.

"You said you wanted to hang out?"

"You want me to help you cook?"

"Yeah, that could work."

"So, what are you going to make?"

"I was going to ask you that, what do you want for dinner?"

"I feel like having Italian food."

"Then pasta it is."

I knew so many different pasta recipes but I decided to make one pasta. Caesar Macaroni Salad. I could eat this too. It was somewhat light, but it still had salad in the name. I could eat anything that has salad in its name.

"Hey, Aiden? Could you get the macaroni from the pantry?"

"Yeah, sure."

I took a large pot, and I put some water in it. Putting it on the stove on medium heat, I poured the box of macaroni in the water, added some salt, and oil, and I cooked the pasta. After around ten minutes, I drained it into a colander, and let it sit to cool.

I whisked together the mayonnaise, lemon juice, mustard, garlic paste, anchovy paste, Worcestershire sauce, Parmigiano Reggiano, salt, and pepper for the dressing. I felt Aiden hug me from the back, and place his chin on the top of my head. I took a spoon, and scooped a little bit of the dressing. I turned around to face Aiden, and fed him. His eyes widened.

"This is really good. Do you want to try?"

"I'll have some later."

Before I could turn around, he crashed his lips into mine, which surprised me. I closed my eyes as I melted into the kiss. It tasted sour, salty, and spicy. Hm, my food actually tastes good.