Chapter 17

Cynthia POV

I smiled as I walked down the stairs. What was I thinking about? Oh, right. Aiden. I love Aiden, and I can't wait until I tell him. What if he doesn't? What would happen if he rejects me? There is no way that he could leave me, right?

I wore my backpack, and started walking home. I stopped to look at a kissing couple. It's so cute. It reminds me of Aiden and me. Speaking of which, where is he? The couple pulled apart. W-was that who I think it is? I-is that Aiden? I-is that Nancy? Nancy Hopkins?

"I love you." He said.

"I love you too, Aiden." Nancy replied.

A pang of emotions hit me as I watched them two together. I tucked a lock behind my ear and bit my lip. I ran home. Heartbroken, jealousy, hurt, sadness, regret.

As I was running, my vision became blurrier by the second. I wiped my eyes which were brimmed with tears. How could he? I thought he liked me. But that's what I thought. Maybe he was just teasing me.

I opened the door to the house, and ran upstairs to a room. I didn't care what room. I just need a room, and have some privacy. Michael wasn't going to come home right now. He had an after school program today. I slammed the door to my room, and I threw my backpack on the bed. Huddling up in the corner, I hugged my knees, and cried.

Warm tears fell down my heated face. I buried my face in my knees, and I silently cried. How could he do this to me? I thought he liked me. He was acting so nice to me, and all of a sudden, he kissed someone else right in front of me. Why? I cried even more as I remembered them together. I can't get a hold of it.

I heard the door open. I didn't need to look up to see who it was. I knew it was Aiden. He doesn't need to see me. He doesn't care about me. This was probably just a prank. Him being nice to me. I mean, who would like a girl like me? People say that I act smart, and that I am ugly. They call me names, bitch, slut, whore, maybe that is who I really am.

"Go away." I said sternly.

"No, Cynthia, it's not what it looked like."

"Really? Because it's exactly what it looked like."

"Cynthia, please, listen to me."

"Just stop it Aiden. Why are you doing this? Why are you acting all nice to me? Is it like a prank? Go back to the old you. Go ahead. Make fun of me. Beat me up like you used to. Don't deceive me. I know who you really are." The sound of footsteps became louder and louder. I looked up to see him kneeling down to me.

"No, I can't go back to the old me. Y-you've changed me forever."

"Stop being cheesy. I know you don't like me. Why did you kiss her?"

"Because I had to."

"Do you know how I feel?" I raised my voice a little. "Do you know how bad I feel when you kissed her?"

"A-are you jealous?" He whispered to me.

"Of course I'm jealous! Why wouldn't I?"

"Why are you?"

"I love you, Aiden." I said, not thinking. Now that I realized, it was already said. I can't take it back now. "You are my husband. I'm jealous because I love you. Whenever I'm with you, I can't think straight. Ever since you came into my life, it felt like you were actually a part of me. A part that I cannot live without. After I realized that I love you, I was happy, because you have no other way than to stay with me. Although, I didn't think that you would get away with the marriage by having another girl with you." I cried even more.