Chapter 19

Cynthia POV

To be honest, Aiden talks a lot. He talks so much, that it makes me want to smack him in the face for it, but I wouldn't do that. Only if he says something that makes me really angry, like what he said yesterday. It just made me so mad. He was talking about my Father as if he was a murderer, or something. Yes, he was treating me badly, but I still love him. And yesterday, he told me that he did love me.

As we walked to the park, our hands brushed against each other. I didn't take my hand away, I just kept it there. It feels nice. I didn't talk, or look at him either. I could tell that he was looking at me. I just have that sixth sense, or that gut feeling, you know.

We finally arrived at the park. After such a long time of slowly trudging, we finally arrived. I don't understand one thing. I mean a lot of things. Does Aiden really love me? If he doesn't, then why does he not want to leave me? He literally started crying at the thought of him leaving me. Maybe I should forgive him. Should I? Should I not?

One part of my brain says to forgive him. That I can't be without him. I'm already craving him. I don't want to crave him more. The other part of my brain is telling me not to forgive him. That he kissed another girl, and that he eve said, 'I love you,' to her. Ugh! I have a huge dilemma here!

"Hey, do you want to sit down right here?" He asked me.

"Yeah. Sure." I smiled at him, as I sat down.

"I want to talk about something. I feel kind of bored."

"Same feeling here. What do you want to talk about?"

"Anything."

"Okay. Tell me a little bit about that dream you had this morning."

"Nightmare." He corrected me.

"Right. Nightmare."

"So, you called me, because you said that you wanted to tell me something, and I came home."

"Then what happened?"

"I was getting there. Patience. So I came home, and you were packing your stuff. Going away from me. You said that you found someone else. Someone who would make you happier. Someone who would treat you better. You even said that we would get divorced. And you already signed those papers. You said that you didn't like me. You wanted to leave me. But you wouldn't do that. Right?"

I held his hand with one hand, and I cupped his cheek with my other hand. Caressing his cheek with my thumb, I have him a reassuring smile.

"I told you this morning, right? I won't leave you. I don't want either. Remember that, okay?" He nodded. He tucked a lock of hair behind my ear, and looked at my hand.

"You know, your hand looks prettier with that ring on your finger." I laughed quietly.

"Yours does too." We both laughed.

"Did anyone notice the ring?"

"No. I guess some people are just too blind to notice."

"Okay then."

"Excuse me? What are you doing here?" I looked to see where that voice came from.

"Oh. Nancy." I said, while standing up. Aiden did too.

"Oh. It's you. Why are you here? With my boyfriend?"

"I am not your boyfriend." Aiden said.

"Of course you are, babe. You kissed me, and said that you loved me. We're a couple."

"No, were not. We are not a couple. Cynthia is my girlfriend. She is what a girlfriend should be."