Chapter Eight: The Mad Ravings of the Passionate Girl

It was nearly twilight outside when Sybill arrived at home with Courfeyrac still on her arm. Marius and Cosette had been sent to the Bastille to find Gavroche for the evening while Sybill and Courfeyrac headed directly for the little house in Saint-Germain. The pair walked towards the bench where they had sat the previous week with a sense of familiarity despite it being only their second time performing this act.

"I am just saying, mademoiselle," smirked Courfeyrac, "that perhaps a visit to the estate Luxembourg Gardens may be in store for the pair of us."

"I do not see the point, monsieur," sighed Sybill. "The fancy estates have not done anything to entertain me."

"You would be ashamed in the estate of my own upbringing I imagine," commented Courfeyrac with a self-deprecating nature.

"No, monsieur," chuckled Sybill, "no I am afraid that I find you far too...too free to be of the staunchly aristocratic elitist to which I have grown accustomed to expect of those sorts."

"My, my," Courfeyrac chuckled, "you are quite blunt for a woman, Sybill."

A small smile grew onto her features as he said her name in the secret aura of their meeting. The twilight air provided a sort of romantic quality that gave way to more charm. Sybill realized that the pair were quite close in the darkness, and she also realized that this was their second meeting and the second time they have grown quite close in the darkness. The girl was unsure of what to make of the charming companion before her. He was clearly enthralling, and he was clearly interested in her. Considering it was only her second time meeting his acquaintance, Sybill found herself growing anxious at what the man might think to do.

Courfeyrac seemed to read her thoughts from her face, and he moved away slightly in a subtle way though the girl noticed it nonetheless. She was grateful for his small gesture.

"I believe it impossible to hold back what I have to say," Sybill admitted. She smirked slightly adding, "Especially when I know I am right."

Courfeyrac chuckled. "It was quite entertaining today to see how you and Enjolras were combatting each other."

"He is a worthy adversary," nodded Sybill respectfully. "I do admire his belief system and his thought-process. However, I do believe both his belief system and his thought-process to be utterly mad."

"I suppose you would think the same of me then," Courfeyrac sighed slightly.

"On the contrary," Sybill replied. "I think of you as the outspoken, charismatic charmer of the play wherein you all perform."

"You mean to say that I remind you of an actor?" questioned Courfeyrac with a mocking tone.

"I suppose," shrugged Sybill with a laugh. "I've never met one so I cannot certainly say."

"I've seen too many performances for my lifetime," Courfeyrac replied with a fake shudder for effect. Sybill laughed. "It's true!" he continued. "I have frequented so many performances for the arts and visits to arts museums. It's almost quite maddening the whole lot of it."

"I daresay museums would be entertaining," replied Sybill contradictorily. "One of my favorite past times is going to a museum with the determination to lose yourself among artwork. I've only had the chance once... If ever you have the chance, you simply must do it."