Epilogue

Setting: 2 years later; the landing pad for Tony's suits, hidden just out of eyesight Annie (now 19) looks through the window to the inside...

I watch as Tony crouches down to the floor and holds his arms open; Pepper holding the tiny hands of my two year old baby brother as he walks across the floor with a big smile on his face, with sparks of innocent joy in his eyes. Pepper let's go of his tiny hands and he walks right into Tony's arms; Tony's smiling as he lifts the child over his shoulder and stands throwing him in the air and catching him, I snicker at the worry on Pepper's face. The rain begins and hides the tears slowly slipping down my face; that should've been my life, I was robbed of it...or was I? Maybe I was never meant to have the things I crave. The baby's brown eyes meet my currently green-pained ones- he smiles innocently at me from over Tony's shoulder and I smile back.

"As long as I breathe...no harm shall come to any of them," I think as I watch their happiness

The babe makes a sound and points to where I hide; I see Tony turning around and I duck backwards into the darkness of the night. I hear the glass door open and sense Tony looking around, after a moment I hear the door close again and peek back inside. Pepper has the babe, she sits the baby in the high hair and they sit down to eat; I quietly stand and make my way to the edge of the landing pad. I only look back at their happy faces one more time before jumping off the ledge and flying away and a tune pops into my head and plays...

Maybe far away-or maybe real nearby
You maybe pouring her coffee-she maybe straightening your tie
Maybe in a house-my brother by your side
Your sittin playing piano-she's sittin paying a bill
Maybe you're strict-as straight as a line
Don't really care-as long as you're mine
So maybe one day-I'll be at your sides
Someday you'll be calling me baby-maybe
Maybe