Chapter Thirty Seven

Later that evening the boys all piled into our hotel room. Angus had left a while ago and they were all about to go to the bar they talked about. I was staying behind of course. "You sure you won't come lass?" Brian asked.

"I'm sure, bars ain't my thing."

"They ain't my thing either," Phil said. "I'm their thing." Everyone laughed. They all left and I was left alone in my hotel room. I sat on the couch and left my mind to wander. I thought about Vee back home. She too had gotten her own place, but we were still like sisters. She'd freak out if she found out I time traveled again. Bombard me with questions, ask about the band, want to find Mike and kill him. Better tell her. I'll get a kick out of her reaction.

About an hour later the phone rang. I had no clue who was calling, but I guessed it could be a fan who found our number. The band had been getting some lately. Knowing it'd be rude and unprofessional not to answer, I picked it up. "Hello?"

"Hey Hannah." I was surprised to hear Angus himself on the other end. I guess he was a fan of himself, but still. "You're in the room right?"

"Yeah."

"Okay, come outside to the parking lot. Next to the big glow in the dark billboard."

"Why?" He didn't answer. He hung up. Well, now what? Maybe it was my surprise. He's never called me to meet him anywhere before, so who knows? I grabbed my (Malcolm's) jacket and headed out of the hotel.

The wind blew my hair in front of my face and I could barely see anything. Couldn't even see the glow in the dark billboard he was talking about. I circled around the parking lot seeing if I couldn't find anything. "It's dangerous for a young lady like yourself to be out here alone," a voice said right behind me. I whirled around to see Angus grinning at me. "You should have yourself an escort."

"What's all this about? Where's the billboard you talked about?" He pulled me over and brought up his watch. He silently counted down the seconds and pointed up. Nothing happened. I looked at him.

"Try that again." He tried again and again nothing. "Well I thought it would go off," he smiled.

"What are you doing out here?"

"You remember in the seventies, on the tour? When the guys went out to a bar, and we went on a little date?"

"Yeah..."

"Well, since we were playing in Oregon, I thought I'd take you out again."

"You're taking me out on a date." He looked down.

"Well, not-I mean kind of, I guess-I guess it's whatever you want to call it."

"So where're we going?"

"What do you mean? Doesn't this place look familiar?" he gestured around him. I looked around and shook my head. "Oh. Well Mal and I looked up where this place is in the phone book. Got directions and came back twenty one years later."

"So, this is where we were the first time?"

"Yep. Thought we could go on our night of fun again. That is if you want to."

"Of course I want to! But, I do wish you would have told me, I could have dressed in something better," I said. I was in a tee shirt and jeans with a jacket on.

"You look great, look at me then," he smiled. He had on his school uniform.

"That's sure inconspicuous. Why'd you wear that?"

Didn't really have anything else this uh, formal."

"Why'd you get to dress up and not me?"

"You don't need to look nice for me, or anyone for that matter. I on the other hand, could use some work."