Chapter Forty Six

I woke up to see Angus was gone. Glad because I don't want any more suspician, sad because I missed him. Even for a night.

December 16th 1996

My hosts had left to get ready for this big party thing and I was left to my own devices before Ellen and Linda picked me up to go shopping. I found an old record player they've had since the eighties. So of course I played a rock and roll album. Not to mention I found some sixties bubblegum records. Nice.

I put on a The Who album which I figured belonged to Angus. I haven't listened to this band a lot, but they were good for a first impression.

I slid across the hardwood floor snapping my fingers. Vee and I used to dance around like this when we'd have my house to ourselves. It was fun just to act like idiots without anyone judging us. And also, how can you not dance along to this?

I was dancing, that is until the door opened. I turned around and saw Ellen: arms crossed smiling smugly, and Linda giggling. "You know there's a fee to pay if you're gonna watch."

"Well, we'd better get going then," Ellen said making me laugh. We went to some women's store, mostly for the other two though. I decided to wear my black top, my new white jacket and leggings. They'd point stuff out to me, but most of it wasn't my taste. It looked great on them though.

"I don't see why everything is so expensive," Linda said.

"Especially the less material there is," Ellen remarked.

"Might as well wear plastic wrap and a cracker for free," I said.

"I wonder how many people will be there?" Linda asked.

"Enough to need more than one cracker," I answered making myself laugh.

"Probably a good amount. AC/DC is coming after all," Ellen said.

"But it's not an AC/DC party, it's a Christmas party."

"And a welcome back. People will probably show up just for that."

"The boys don't have to go up and play a Christmas song do they?"

"Maybe Mistress for Christmas," Ellen mused. "No, no they don't."

"You happy to have Angus back?"

"Yeah, needed him home. How about you?"

"Yeah, but more so to have Malcolm back home," Linda smiled. I snickered.

"Very funny ya' sod." But she couldn't help but smile in return. We got done shopping some hours later and drove to some fancy schmancy building. People were already crowding around and I wasn't even sure the band was there yet. I'd say it was 6:30 pm? Maybe?

"If we could find a place to park, that'd be great," Linda said driving around.

"Something tells me word got out about who's coming," Ellen stated. We finally made it inside. Can I be the first to say thank God for air conditioning? There was a lot of people dispite the building's immence size, and would have been stuffy without it.

Ellen and Linda left to visit a few friends of theirs leaving me to myself. Again. Thanks guys. I stood away from everyone, 'cause parties, especially without friends, ain't no fun. I saw another girl sitting in a chair across the main room. Converse, short hair...that was Justice!

I couldn't believe she was there! I thought she went back to New Jersey. She was sitting by herself so I invited myself over. Not noticing me, I leaned on her shoulder. She looked at me. "Yeah...what's up Doc?" I said casually.