19. Mountains Crumble to Specks of Dust

Anger. You can feel your blood begin to boil. All rational thoughts leave your body. The only thing that's on your mind is destroying your source of anger.

  For some, anger can be damaging. So, will you destroy that anger? Or will you hurt someone else?

  Or, will you only be destroying yourself in the end?

  Hibiki knew that Yua's speed was no match for hers. However, this fight was in the moment: there was no time to think things through - the only thing keeping her alive was her emotions.

  Her entire body was rushing with adrenaline. All fear was pushed in the back of her mind - anger was now in control of her. Her heart was breaking out of her chest, her teeth were grinding together, and her knuckles were turning white as she clenched her fists tighter on her kunai. Her cold eyes were now lit up as she attempted to watch Yua sprint towards her.

  Hibiki couldn't believe how much power Yua was suppressing. She could now feel her chakra radiating off her body; the power overwhelmed her. Bloodlust and hate could be felt from the chakra itself, and it was something that Hibiki never sensed before.

  Yua. The girl who smiled often and was always treating others kindly. The girl who tried to befriend others immediately, but knew her boundaries. The girl who could tell when something was wrong with another person.

  Was that the old Yua? Or was it all just a lie?

  Yua was nothing like that now. Her motivation drove her too far; she stained her hands with blood that didn't deserve to be shed. Her face was blank; there was no emotion whatsoever. Her eyes were cold, only lighting up when she killed another person or seeing others in misery.

  That was the real Yua: a monster. Devoid of sympathy. Devoid of morality. Devoid of selflessness.

  Hibiki hated that.

  Unknown to Hibiki, Yua appeared out of nowhere. She could only hear the quick change in the air before a force pushed her to the ground.

  Hibiki fell to the ground; her hands and knees were already beginning to trickle with blood because of the sudden impact.

  If this was any other day, Hibiki would immediately back out. She knew she had no chance going against an opponent when it came to physical strength. She'd have to set a distance between each other and form a strategy before she attacked.

  But Hibiki was blind now.

  After all, the ones who conceal themselves are the ones who have emotions that spread like a wildfire once ignited - you can't control them once it kicks in.

  And that was exactly the position Hibiki was in now.

  As she was quickly picking herself up, she could hear Yua behind her grab a kunai. On instinct, Hibiki launched herself away from the incoming blade.

  Luckily for her, she just dodged the blade from hitting anywhere important. Once she got away, she could feel blood run down her arm. Yua definitely didn't miss, so how long would it take before Yua struck again?

  Before Hibiki could have a chance to attack, Yua sprung into action once again. Her hand lit up in a tiny flame, hurdling a punch towards Hibiki.

  "You said I can't use my fire, but who will notice my jutsu when it's so small?" Yua mockingly asked.

  Hibiki sidestepped to the left, this time completely dodging Yua's attack. The large oak tree that was previously behind the lavender-haired girl fell to the ground. A gaping hole went through the tree with ease, with the wood gradually becoming charred. As the wood began to release smoke, a fire lit up the tree.