Affinity

You woke up with arms wrapped around you securely. You felt someone pressed against you and didn't even have to turn around to know it was Bill. You tensed, but other than that, you didn't move.

For some reason, feeling him next to you was sort of comforting. You didn't want to move away from him. In fact, you were almost tempted to go back to sleep. You felt yourself relax and you sat there, mentally arguing with yourself on whether or not you should push him off of you.

When you decided you wouldn't mind a few more minutes of staying still, Bill shifted closer to you and held you tighter, nuzzling his face into your neck as he mumbled something you couldn't quite catch. Your face flushed at his actions. How dare he be so cute?

You stayed there for a while, occasionally shutting your eyes but never able to fall asleep again. It was around when you almost dozed off when Bill woke up. He noticed how close he was to you and didn't seem the slightest bit dazed.

"'Morning, Princess."

"Good morning." You answered slowly.

Since when was his morning voice like that?!

After a moment, he pulled away from you, laying on his back with his arm over his eyes. You turned to look at him, first noticing his tousled golden curls before anything else.

He lifted his arm and peeked at you from the corner of his eyes. "You're staring."

"Well, you're in my bed, I think I have a right to."

"How does that work?"

You sat up. "How come you never left? I know I fell asleep, but that didn't mean I wanted to have a slumber party with you."

"Are you kidding? You didn't seem too upset a moment ago, Princess." He gave you one of his signature mischievous grins.

"Shut up..." You mumbled in defeat.

Bill pulled the blankets up higher. "Your bed's comfy. I should sleep in here more often."

You reached for your phone and immediately went on instagram. You scrolled through your feed, seeing a mixture of textposts and pictures of your friends.

"What're we doing today, Princess? I want to go out. Is there anything you wanna show me?"

"Nope."

He was quiet for a moment. "I want Greasy's." He said finally.

This caught your attention. "Go get ready."

***

Lazy Susan set down two cups of coffee in front of each of you. You smiled at her, muttering a quick thanks before taking a sip. As soon as she had her back turned, you reached for Bill's snatching it right out of his grasp.

"Hey!"

"You can not do what you did last time." You said sternly.

"What?" Bill frowned.

"You can't pour this on yourself, okay?"

Bill rolled his eyes. "Oh, relax, Princess, like I would." He reached for his coffee. "Pain isn't hilarious anymore, remember?"

"Right." You sighed, sliding it back over to him. "It's hot, so be careful." You mumbled before taking another sip of your own.

"How come what's his name didn't come?" Bill asked.

"He's tired, plus he doesn't like you." You shrugged. "Hey, how come you haven't got a name for him yet?"

"Easy. I hate him." Bill said without missing a beat. He brought his drink to his lips.