The Princess' Best Friend

My tight dress made it hard for me to breath but I managed to keep my breathing steady and walk among the many unknown people of our kingdom that my dad had invited in the reception that he planned a few weeks ago.

Every single wealthy family of our country ; the United Kingdom , was in this room.

I had secretly brought my only real best friend , Evan.

Evan is not as wealthy as you might think he is.

He's been in jail for three years after he was caught smoking weed but after that he stopped and started being really nice to me whenever I've been out shopping with my little sister , Claire.

The fact is that Evan doesn't realise that I'm a princess so he acts foolishly around me which actually makes me feel like a normal girl.

I've always dreamed about how life was out of the kingdom , when you didn't have to wear those tight dresses that cut your breath and style your hair like if you're going to a prom!

Yes , I'm the princess but just because I am doesn't mean I enjoy it also!

"Do you like the reception the way I planned it?" Dad suddenly asked me while standing beside me.His warm hand was placed on the small of my back as he talked.

"Yes.It seems lovely!" I said kindly and lowered my gaze.

My mother interrupted our conversation which made me sigh in relief.

"Steven could you please follow me?" my mom said in a sweet tone towards mt father.

She's the queen and I actually admire her because she has helped many charities and has helped many people.

She's my inspiration.

Unfortunately I'm still not capable of doing any of the things that she does because I'm still under aged.

I'm still in high school as a senior.

I chose to go to a normal school like everybody else so that I'd feel a little bit normal,

At least when I'll be out all morning , I'll be dressed in casual clothes and now a dress.

"Hello princess!" Evans husky whisper against my ear made me jump up but he brushed his fingers over my waist which calmed me down.

He was behind me now.

"You better go away now if you want to live from my fathers hands!" I said as quietly as I could and Evans deep chuckle made me smile while he walked away.

He gave me a wink and faded among the people.

Evan has something different.

He's different.

He can be a jerk sometimes and of course he's really entertaining but I don't know if it's his blue eyes or blondish hair that make him so sweet.

He seemed gold hearted but unfortunately my parents can't see his good side.

All they see is the guy that was shut in jail for three years.

I sighed and left the room without looking back.

One of our maids followed me and placed her hand on my shoulder from the back.

"Are you okay , miss?" she asked kindly.

Many of our maids were afraid of me and my family.They always do whatever we say immediately and they never protest or call us with our names.

There's one and only girl in this kingdom that calls me with my real name and that is Jessica.