Chapter 9

"Her best friend.Evan." my mom said.

She knew?!

I widened my eyes and looked at her as she had her arms folded over her chest.

"Yes I do know!" she said and walked over to my dad to plop down beside him.

"S-So that means that I can hang out with him freely now?" I asked both of my parents and they just glared at me.

"You know that he's in a lower social level!" my dad nearly yelled and I gulped before fiddling with the hem of my shirt.

"But he's my best friend and that actually doesn't matter." I said quietly.

"You're not allowe-"

"He's been my best friend for many years now and he's been through everything with me and that matters for me too.He knows me better than anyone and I am NOT letting him go either you like it or not!" I yelled and ran upstairs into my bedroom before shutting the door behind me and locking it.

I took a deep breath and sat on the windows frame as I studied the view outside my window.

I suddenly remembered that I had to call the principals son to inform him about the invitation.

I texted my dad first , not caring that we had just argued.

-Is the invitation for the principal , the principals family or the whole school?

-The whole school and his family.

I quickly typed the principals son number and waited untill he picked it up.

"Hello?" a husky voice made me smirk.

He sounded hot.

"Hey. I'm Lilly , the princess.You and your family are invited to the ball we're organising and also your fathers school." I informed him.

"Is this a joke?" he asked kinda rudely.

"Um..No?" I said and furrowed my eyebrows.

"You're seriously the princess?!" he exclaimed excitedly and I chuckled.

"Yeah." I replied.

"Oh my God!" he screamed and I tried not to laugh.

"Why-How-Where did you find my number?" he asked and I rolled my eyes even though he couldn't see me.

"Your father gave it to me so I could inform you and your family about the invitation." I explained and he chuckled.

"Well I guess I gotta thank him, right?" he asked and I smiled.

"I don't know." I said with a soft shrug.

"So I'll see you in the ball." he said quietly .

"Okay.See you" I said before hanging up.

My window suddenly opened and I looked at Evan wide eyed.

"How the hell did you climb up here?!" I asked and stood up while eyeing him up and down to make sure that he was okay.

"The front door was guarded." he explained and I nodded while looking at him strangely.

"Is everything alright?" I asked him and he nodded before sitting on the end of my bed and putting his face in his hands.

"Are you sure?" I asked him and sat beside him.

He rubbed his face while sighing before he looked at me and then down at the floor.

"Everything is alright." he almost whispered and I sighed before running my hand through my hair.I knew that he was lying.

It was obvious that something big was bothering him.