Chapter Four

Chapter four

 It had been a week ago since the second semester had started. Leana sighed, time really moved fast didn't it?

She was sitting in the hallway, in front of her locker. Just like every day before, she was yet again the first student to be at school.

Her eyes moved back to her English textbook, which was opened at the page about Lord Byron. Since they were going to discuss this chapter in class today, she'd decided to read it for a second time, so she could follow class and answer possible questions.

Oh yes, she was reading it for a second time. Since they hadn't gotten much homework last week, Leana had thought it a great idea to read her entire English textbook. She was very interested in literature, if you hadn't figured it out already, so she regarded reading her textbook as a free- time passing. The textbook hadn't disappointed her and she considered it as a very leisurely read.

Of course Elaine and Mary had thought her crazy. But they had realised the advantage of it when they had gotten a small group assignment in class about the previous chapter.

They had asked Leana what the answers to certain questions were and their friend had answered every single one. As a result, they had been the first to finish the assignment.They had also been the only group with zero mistakes, which had gained them an A+ .

Leana smiled at remembering the joyful reactions of her friends. It had been their first A+ and they couldn't have been more happier. Hailey, Mary, Duncan and Elaine had even given her a big group hug as a method of thanks.

She herself had also been very happy that she had been able to help her friends with the assignment.

After all, their happiness also added to hers.

Her friends had even advised to stay up to date with every chapter of the English textbook, in case they had to fill in another assignment like that one. Of course, it had been a bit futile to tell Leana that, since she always made sure she was up to date with everything.

She grimaced, except with everything that had to do with rock music. It was becoming more and more clear that that was her weak spot.

Leana thoughts drifted back to last Tuesday. A day which she had decided to call doomsday then.

Back then, she had decided to tell miss Taylor about her mistake. She had tried to forget about it, but of course that hadn't been an option for her.

When she'd returned home after a nice evening of watching Pretty Little Liars' episodes with the twins, she had gone straight to bed. But she hadn't been able to sleep at all, she remembered herself tossing and turning every five minutes or so.

After half an hour her cat had also given up on sleeping on the bed and had decided to spend the night on her pet pillow.

Well, Isis hadn't been pleased about that, but had still been able to sleep compared to her owner.

So, the next day she'd politely knocked on the door of the headmistress's office, shaking ever so slightly.

When Leana had received permission to enter and to sit down, she'd told miss Taylor the whole story; how she hadn't know that Killian was Rick Firedon's son and how she had failed, miserably, in keeping people from staring at him.

The headmistress had calmly taken it all in and when Leana had finished her story, miss Taylor had just smiled at her.

“Don't worry about it miss Meadows. I should have considered the possibility that you didn't know him rather than assuming you did. Even if you had known him, I should have told you who he was and why people would stare at him. But I think no one could have been capable of stopping the students from staring at him. We, as human beings, are just too curious.”