Chapter Nineteen

Chapter eighteen

 Once inside they were greeted by a smartly dressed, older gentleman, “Good evening, sir, madam. Have you made a reservation?”

Killian nodded, “Good evening, yes, at Firedon?”

The man nodded, “This way please.”

As they followed the man, Leana was once again overwhelmed by the beauty of the restaurant.

It was quite big and many tables for two or four were placed around the entire space. Each table was covered with a long, white tablecloth and silver candelabras with burning candles were placed upon them.

A huge, white pianoforte was placed in the middle of the room, with each of the tables having a good view of it. The open kitchen was to their right, revealing four cooks, all being extremely occupied.

The man stood still near a table by the window that occupied the entire back of the restaurant, giving a nice view of the sea and beach below.

Leana sat down on the chair the older man was pulling out for her and thanked him.

Killian sat down opposite of her, beaming.

“Would you like to try some of our finest wine or champagne first?” The man asked.

She looked at Killian and he nodded, “It's your call, you can choose whatever you want.”

Leana smiled and looked at the elder man, “I'll just have some lemonade, please.”

The man nodded and looked at Killian, the last one answered, “The same for me, please.”

When the waiter had gone to fetch their drinks, Killian smiled at her, saying, “So, do you think this restaurant is a great place for a first date?”

She thought about it for a moment, “Well, it's a little bit fancy... maybe a bit too fancy...”

His face fell at hearing that and she quickly went on, “It's not that I don't appreciate it, because I do. But you could have taken me to have something to eat in a place that's less sophisticated. I wouldn't have mind it.”

Killian smiled again, “Nah! I wanted to start our dates off with a bang! I wanted to give you something more than just a hamburger, you know. I just want to spoil you a little bit.”

He winked at her and she laughed again, shaking her head, “Well, like I said before, I still appreciate it!”

The waiter returned with their drinks and the menu. Leana chose the farfalle alla boscaiola, which sounded like a wonderful pasta dish. Killian seemed to follow her example and ordered the same thing, saying that he trusted her judgement of the dish.

When their order was passed on to the cooks, he leaned forward, placing his chin on his hands, saying, “So, miss Meadows. I think it's time that I learned a little bit more about you, no?”

She rolled her eyes, smiling, “Well, mister Firedon then I wouldn't know where to start. You know what? I'll let you ask me some questions, okay?”

He grinned, “That's fine by me! So, tell me a little bit about your parents, what exactly do they do? I mean, they seem to travel a lot for their jobs, right?”

She nodded, “Yes, they do. Well, my father is the founder of the Meadows company. And my mother the editor-in-chief of Luxia Magazine.”

Killian's eyes widened, “Oh wow! Isn't Luxia that international fashion magazine?”

Leana nodded, “Yes, it is. I think mother has been running it for twenty-five years now.”

He nodded, “That is quite an achievement. And can I ask what your father's company deals in?”