Chapter Ten

Chapter ten

Leana was standing in front of the library, tightly wrapped in her warm winter -coat and long scarf.

It was absolutely freezing outside, mostly because of the strong, icy wind that was travelling across the city of Newquay.

She checked her watch for what must have been the third time since she'd arrived here.

It was now a quarter past two.

Leana grimaced, that Killian was sure running late.

He knew how important punctuality was to her, right?

She sighed, yes he probably did know that. He was probably running late to put her on edge again.

After looking at her watch again, she decided to wait for another two minutes before going inside.

But then a stab of guilt went through her, for maybe he was lost.

She sighed, why was I so stubborn about not telling him where the library was located?

Well, it was probably the date- thing that had made me tell him to look the address up on the internet.

She frowned, well than he shouldn't have said something like that! I can't help it that I'm sick of him teasing and annoying me!

But then something else struck her from their conversation this morning.

Somehow it had felt as if he'd wanted to talk to her casually. He had even corrected himself at some point.

And was it her, or had he actually been less challenging and less hostile than during previous times?

Maybe he's realising that he he's been wrong in behaving so rudely towards me like that, and for no reason for that matter.

She nodded in approval, it was about time!

But then Leana thought about something else, the fact that he had still been 'teasing' her also meant that he wasn't putting much effort in restraining himself from doing that.

She gave a short laugh at her own stupidity and shook her head.

No, he will probably never change. Once the son of a rocker, always the son of a rocker.

Right then, she could sense that someone was approaching her. She looked up and stared straight into the brown eyes of Killian.

Her anger at him being late became visible on her face, as her cheeks turned red, “Where on earth have you been! You know I like people to be on time! I'm absolutely freezing here!”

He on his turn shot her an angry look, “Well excuse me, Miss Goody – Goody, but I never asked you to wait outside for me, now did I? You could've easily gone inside already!”

“Fine! Whatever! Maybe next time I will go inside, I was just waiting here to make sure you found this building. I even walked up an down the street so you could find it! But next time, I will just leave you to fend for yourself!”

“That won't be a problem. I found it, didn't I? And next time I'll surely find the library again.”

Then he sighed, “Not that it is any of your business but I got delayed because of my dad's sudden departure to Dublin for two weeks. It took my mother a bit longer to say goodbye to him. I can't blame her, since it's one of those few times he went without her.”

Leana was surprised by the declaration, “I'm sorry, I didn't know that.”

Then the anger suddenly boiled up again, “Why didn't you say so immediately!”