Chapter Seven

Chapter seven

The last class of the day had finally arrived.

Normally Leana would be glad to go to her classes, but after all that had happened today she was a bit disoriented and tired.

But no matter how tired or lost she was, she would still do her best to pay attention to everything the teacher would say during class.

Leana was already in the room of her next class, sitting in the second row by the window and surrounded by her friends.

“Oh my god Leana! You gave us a real fright when you didn't come to our morning classes. We really thought you'd had an accident or something on your way to school!” Elaine exclaimed, for the third time that day.

Leana rolled her eyes, “Come on, I would have texted you if something like that had actually happened.”

“Well! That was just what made us so worried, not knowing whether you were alive and well or lying in a ditch somewhere in Newquay.” Mary said.

“Well, I was just a little ill, that's all.”

“But you are better now?” Hailey asked, a look of concern written all over her face.

She smiled at her friend, “Yes, I think I'm fine now. Just a little bit tired, that's all.”

Duncan grinned, “I'm glad about that!”

But then Elaine narrowed her green eyes, “Wait a minute, if you were just 'a little ill' then why didn't you text us?”

Leana looked up at her friend and swallowed, “Well... I just... I just had some things on my mind, I guess.”

She could see Hailey's head turn in her direction; a questioning look was visible in her eyes.

Leana returned her look with an ' I'll – tell – you – later' one at which her friend nodded.

“So, what exactly did you have on your mind that was more important than letting your friends know you were okay?”

She flinched a bit at the lightly accusing tone in Mary's voice and shook her head, “Please, I don't want to bring it up again, not now. “

Suddenly Elaine leaned a bit closer to her, “Oh, let us guess then! Did it have something to do with Colin?”

Mary nodded, “Oh yes, we can't blame you if it had something to do with a guy, right?”

Elaine agreed, “Of course we can't! So, does it have something to do with him?”

Leana rubbed her eyes, not entirely believing what her friends were saying,“No, it doesn't have anything to do with Colin!”

“Hmm...” Mary thought about it, “So, does it have something to do with Killian then?”

She froze at hearing that name, still not wanting to talk about it.

But unfortunately, her friends had seen her stiffen and took their own conclusions out of it, “Oh! So it does have something to do with him! Do tell, please!”

Leana grimaced and bowed her head, she also sank a bit deeper into her chair.

Hailey noticed this and had apparently decided to help her out, saying,“Maybe you shouldn't push her that much. Leana said she didn't want to talk about it, and clearly she would feel miserable if she told us about it. So why don't we let her tell it in her own time, when she wants to to talk about it.”

Leana gave Hailey a grateful look at which the last one smiled.

The other two girls sank back into her chair, their arms crossed over their chest and looking as if they were totally not happy or okay with it.